CHAPTER 24: Gunner

What just happened?! I hear muffled screams then quickly things go quiet.

"Is this Gunner?" I heard Joshua's voice speak into the mic.

"What did you do to her?" I ask as I try ignoring the shocked looks from Healey and several of the other agents that were listening in also.

"Nothing irreversible, yet. What happens to her next is entirely up to you and your cooperation." He mentions.

I look at Healey along with the others before I answer.

"What do you want?" I start asking him.

"I want you to first, get rid of your friends. Then I will give you half an hour to get back to Arya's apartment and in her bedroom on her bed there will be a cell phone. Be sure you answer it. I will give you further instructions from there." He states.

"Why not tell me now?" I ask.

"We both know why. The clock is ticking." He finishes then hangs up the phone.

"FUUUUCK!! MOTHERFUCKER!!" I yelled after throwing my head phones off my head that I was wearing to hear Arya and didn't expect this fucker to do what he just did.

"Calm down." I hear Healey start telling me.

"How the fuck can I?! He's gonna hurt her or worse!" I snap at him.

"Listen. You don't have much time. But you know what to do and don't worry. We'll find you both." He tries to assure me.

"But how can that be possible?! I need to get rid of my phone and make sure you guys aren't near?" I ask.

"Trust me. We will." He states.

I can't explain how or even why, but I feel in a way I don't have much of a choice then to believe in what he's telling me. He has never let me down and has always followed through with any promise he has ever made me.

"Fine." I agree then start to get out of the van and walk over towards one of the SUV's that a few agents had been inside of and they got out and joined Healey and the rest of them while I started speeding off to head back to her apartment. I had twenty-six minutes left.

Luckily the few lights that were on the way there, all were green as I sped up to the front of the apartment duplex then quickly ran inside the building and instead of taking  the elevator, since I had only five minutes to spare, I hurried up the stairs and made my way inside her place that still of course looked destroyed and heard the cell phone ring and grabbed it.

"Yeah?" I answer while trying to catch my breath.

"Very good. Now that I will have your full attention without any kind of distractions from here on out, I am going to have you in a minute take a look at the text I send you and follow the address. When you arrive, you will be greeted by one of my men and they will check you for weapons, so don't bother. Then they'll bring you inside the building and you'll get further instructions at that point." He tells me.

"How do I know you haven't done anything to her yet?" I ask.

"We're going to play that? You guys need to sometimes stop watching so many damn movies and acting so damn cliche." He tells me.

"Fuck you! I want proof!" I demanded.

There's silence for a moment and then I hear her voice.

"Gunner?" I hear her say sounding tired and weak.

"Baby are you okay? Has he hurt you?" I ask her.

"I'm okay." She says.

Before I could say anything else, he had come back onto the phone.

"There. You two lovebirds talked. Now follow the directions to the 'T', because we will be timing you and know exactly how long it will take for you to get here. A second later and she is dead." He warns me before hanging up again.

I couldn't believe this was happening. I never thought I would ever be in a position like this because I have always feared and dreaded this situation and now that it has happened, I am in disbelief.

However, I don't really have the time to think about anything but getting to her. So I next hear the phone start to go off and see the directions. Then hurry downstairs towards the car and peel away up the road.

I'm coming my love......

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)