CHAPTER 9: Arya

Was this a date? No, he said 'hang out' so that obviously doesn't mean that it is one. Which is fine because I told him before that I didn't mind being friends and getting along with him. 

Earlier today when he caught up with me outside of the gym, I was taken by surprise but the end result was good of course. Then when he offered to practically be my trainer, I technically could afford the other trainer and probably be less insecure but I already said yes and to be honest, as of seeing him right now, I feel like I'd like to see what happens. 

I truly have always wanted to go to movie and dinner in the park that they have held for the last ten years down the street I heard from our apartments and it's a beautiful park also. So I was excited. 

After we pulled up and parked, he pulled out a couple of big blankets and then we choose a spot in the middle of the big soft grassy area near others and we took a seat on one of the blankets then he asked me what I would like to eat. 

Crap! He saw me at the gym and I gave the impression I'll be working out so I don't want to seem like a pig. 

"Um, I'm not sure. Maybe I should come with you." I offer. 

"No it's okay. I'll go and grab us something while you stay here and watch our spot." He winks and smiles at me. 

"Okay. Well, anything that's healthy." I tell him. 

He looks at me for a moment then nods and leaves while I sit and look around at everyone. There was a girl next to me who I could tell was there with her boyfriend. He gave her a kiss then ran off to grab them something to eat. 

"I'm Rheana." She holds out her hand. 

"I'm Arya." I shook her hand. 

"Is this your first time?" She asks me. 

"Yeah. I have always wanted to come to one of these." I tell her. 

"This is our tenth time. We come at least once a month." She says. 

"How fun." I tell her. 

"How about you? You here with your boyfriend? Husband?" She asks. 

"Oh, no. I'm here with a friend of mine." I explain. 

"Really? The guy that brought you here, you guys are just friends?" She asks with a cocked eyebrow. 

"Yeah." I nervously reply. 

"Well, that's a shame because I think you both look great together an got a different vibe from you both so, my bad." She says. 

"It's alright." I laughed a little bit. 

We both talked and exchanged numbers then moments not too much later did her man return and so did Gunner. We introduced ourselves to each other then I looked down at all that he got and couldn't believe how much he had gotten us. Some of it was healthy but also most of it was deep fried or and grilled along with some bottled drinks. 

"I wasn't sure in what all you liked and there weren't many healthy choices which should be okay right? I mean, we're out so no need to be all healthy right?" He says and right away I can tell how he felt bad about saying that as if I took it the wrong way in which I didn't and knew what he meant. 

"I know what you mean." I smile reassuringly at him. 

We ate and talked like friends do and I was having a really good time with him then somebody announced over a speaker for us to enjoy the show. Several feet away was a huge inflatable big movie theater sized screen that began playing the movie. 

The movie was good and a classic I might add. It was the original first one of the, 'Ghostbusters'. 

I haven't seen this in a while but man does it never get old-got to love Bill Murray. The movie was funny as it always is and this whole entire experience was real nice and fun I had thought. 

Then at about halfway into the movie, the wind began to pick up a little bit and it started getting to be cold. So he put the second blanket over the both of us and the next thing that happened, I can't explain how or even why but next thing I know, I feel my fingers start to touch his except that my hand didn't move. 

I look over at him then down at his hand and notice him slowly start to move his hand closer towards mine until he touched the top of mine and I felt his thumb gently circle on the top of my hand while still looking up at the screen. 

Should I take this as a sign that maybe he's making a move on me? What if it turns out like last night and again I am thinking he wants to hold hands but then quickly removes his hand from mine the moment I begin to hold his back. 

I take in a deep breath and continue looking up at the screen then I start to slowly place my thumb on his hand and now we are holding one another's hand. Although, I really wish we would kiss. But I shouldn't jump that far ahead.

Not a moment later do I feel my head being turned to look at him as he places his hand on the side of my face, looks me in the eyes, gently touches the side of my face and then looks at my lips while leaning forward until our lips touch each other's. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)