Walk on memories 2

Mother slammed her fist on the table sending Ben's bottles of beer crashing on the floor. The rain won't stop, and the raising  arguments of his parents irritated him. Colin sunk in the corner of their living room, soaking wet, and still bleeding. 

"How could you-" Mom shut her eyes in anger. "Burn your son's arm? Ben! Answer me!"

Colin's father was pacing around the room, shifting his anger between the objects around him.

"Stay out of this! It's not my fault that he's stupidly afraid of fire! Your son's acting foolishly! He's sick! Stupidly sick! How can one be afraid of a stupid fire?"

"Ben we've discussed this already! He has-"

Pyrophobia. I know and it sucks.

Covering both of his ears Colin bolted up the stairs, he tripped halfway, and froze on the spot as he noticed his parents turned at him, his mother's face melted with concern.

"Colin my dear..." She neared the staircase. Colin faced his mother, eyes swollen, and his whole body shivering in cold.

" I would never be like him..." Colin muttered and then went upstairs, his grudge for his father gets worse as he took everystep. He threw open his bathroom door and sunk his wounded arm onto the flowing water from his sink.

He had a terrible day, he knew his father's bad temper but he did not assume Ben burning his arm onto the stove, him running under the rain, and all these drama. He let out a whimper, his wound still hurts, but the pain inside him is much worse.

+++

On the other side of the city, a man obviously desperate, pounded the door once more. He knew the fat lady would appear again and scold him endlessly, but he had no choice, there's no way he's spending the night in the streets with this heavy rain.

"Can you at least let me spend the night here? I have nowhere to go." He pleaded. "I'll be gone as soon as possible."

The fat lady staring hot-eyed at him squinted her eyes again, her chubby cheeks getting red in anger. The man let an desperate smile and entered the orphanage.

"I expected you'll be back here soon Tristan. You silly kid." The lady threw a towel at him, laughing at his state. "It's been years you know, I used to sing you to sleep back then."

"Yeah, yeah. I know you missed me." Tristan scoffed damping his wet hair. "But I'm not a kid anymore, that's why I have to leave this place."

"And you're back so soon." The lady paused and at gazed him, her eyes twinkling with gloominess. Tristan understood her sadness.

"Susan don't worry, I'll  visit soon. But I have to leave tomorrow. I need a place to stay you know." With that quick shrug, he put the towel around his neck and strolled into the same rooms where he grew up through the years.

Tristan glanced back at Susan, she immediately smiled and waved him to go on. Tristan grinned for she was wiping her tears obviously.