walk on memories 4

"I think the one playing the violin looks familiar."

"Isabel, give me a break."

Lois her friend gave her a friendly slap on the shoulders. Isabel laughed and spun around to see the seat empty.

"Where's the guy here. I'm pretty sure the hall is full. Look he left his-"

Lois rolled her eyes as Isabel blocked her view, passing through the spaces between the seats.

"I'll just give this back to him."

Tristan leaned against the exit doors, he felt himself tremble as he met the stranger's gaze. The man was in his 40's, he wore decent clothes, and has a muscular arm that grabbed him firmly.

And as the two  locked gazes of fear and dominance at each other, Tristan noticed the lady heading towards their direction. Probably wondering what the heck was he doing with this creepy dude.

"Excuse me? You left your hoodie-"

Tristan looked beyond the man blocking his view, he glanced at the stage where Colin played and then to Isabel.

"Excuse me, but that guy left his hoodie"

The strange dude turned to her. Slightly distracted by the lady's approach, Tristan then bolted out of the exit. He shook his head and drew in a deep breath as he stepped outside.

Colin shrugged and then continued to play his masterpiece, but he heard something that doesn't match the beautiful music.

His father's footsteps.

He opened his eyes and saw  Ben angrily stomping upwards the stage. Colin did not move, he knew this day will come. He knew this monster who has so much hatred in his eyes, will break his bones soon.

Isabel was heading towards her seat slightly confused as the guy who left his hoodie just ran out the auditorium. Suddenly alerted, Her eyes diverted immediately toward the stage as she heard a sudden noise.

"What is happening? Who's that man?" Isabel thought hysterically. The crowd's movement was frightening, everyone was panicking, moving from left to right unaware what to do.

"It's his father!" A guard nearly jumped from his seat as he watched the horrific scene.

"Wha- What about his father?" Isabel squeezed his arm, but the guard pushed her aside. "Hey! what about his father?"

Colin was stunned, his father kept bashing and crashing his violin onto the floor. Ben broke the stick onto his knee and slapped Colin on the face as he cursed repeatedly in front of the crowd. Colin knew it's too much for the crowd to handle. But not for him, he's used to this.

Colin was groaning on the floor as his father punches him, his lip was bleeding and his head was throbbing. He allowed the pain swallow him whole for a little while because his mother's shocked face among the crowd calmed him.

"BEN! STOP!"  Maria rushed up to the stage and stopped Ben. Alerted by her mother's voice, it gave Colin an urge of strength to withdraw from this pain, he then possessed a strong urging power to beat his father for the very first time.

Colin didn't know who threw the first punch, but suddenly his fist was slamming into Ben's face. Blood pooled in his mouth as Colin gagged.

They stumbled apart for a brief second to catch their breaths before diving back at each other, eyes narrowed in determination. Maria then pulled Ben out of the fight and Colin screamed, her mother became his new prey.

On the bloody stage, Colin was too weak to stand. He continued to watch his father beat his beloved mother. The room was spinning, screaming voices hurt his ears and the sight in front of him was unbearable.