Walk on memories 5

Ben pushed Maria violently off the huge height of the stage causing her to hit her head and bleed more due to the strong punches given. Suddenly alerted, Colin launched at his father seemingly determined to strike him.

But his quaking body failed him, as Ben shoved him down the stage where his mother lays. Maria lay weakly on the floor and with all Colin's strength he crawled towards his mother.

The crowd's movement was hectic, the audiences pushing each other. Some were cornering Ben, while others were scrambling and shouting for help. Lois was able to grab Isabel's arm.

"Let's go!"

"Wait-"

Isabel moved past everybody else just to see if the violinist was okay. She shot a look at Colin and recognized his face in an instant.

The injured guy soaked in rain that night!

"Mom?" Colin hugged his mom gently he couldn't take her bruised and bloody face. Maria cupped his beloved son's cheeks as sorrow had been frozen on his face.

"S-sorry mom." Colin whispered, tears pouring down his cheeks. "I will be a terrible fireman. He just cannot understand that."

"But you will be a great violinist." Her mother cried adding her broken sobs to Colin's horrified cries. "You are born to play the violin."

"I love you." he sobbed and put his mother's head gently on the floor."You know that."

+++

Ben made his quick escape to the concert hall. Weaving dangerously in and out of traffic, half-blinded by the glare of headlights, Colin was persistent in chasing his father

Colin ran in full speed cursing under his breath, he hated this man his whole life, the man who ruined his dream and the man who took away his pieces.

Tears blinded him, running as quickly as his long legs can carry him, bolting down the road, he cursed once again and this time his blood was boiling.

I promise you not only death but a painful end beyond measure.

Back at the concert hall where people crowded in panic, someone dialed 911. Isabel was terribly confused.Once again her emotions turned jagged and her insides tight and she ran, like the winter breeze. She tried to chase Colin, she needs to because she knew that this guy whom she met a few days ago will soon break in pain after this incident.

"Hey please stop!"

Isabel continued to chase him but she stopped as she was blinded by the headlight of a skidding car. She heard him shout. There was something in that shout, pain behind it.

Colin lay unconsciously on the road.

The driver of the car went out trembling as he stares in horror at Colin laying on the ground. Then his gaze went to Isabel. The absolute horror completely paralyzed the driver, and the more he thought about moving a bit, the more he felt utterly terrified.

Ben was caught by the police. Colin was hospitalized and only sustained minor injuries due to the car accident. The driver who was identified as Tristan will be the one paying the hospital charges.

Tristan trudged inside the hospital room where Colin was confined. He looked away for a second, he probably couldn't stand Colin's condition after hitting him with his car.

"I'm sorry. I really am." Tristan swallowed his guilt and faced Colin weakly. He had no idea what is up with this guy confined, but his heart sunk seeing him like this. With a trembling heart, Tristan shot a look at Colin, and he felt it, his eyes fell to the surface.

There's a click.

Tristan tried to meet Colin's gaze once more.

It then hit him again. Colin felt it too, the connection.

The ticking from the waiting room wall clock seemed to get louder, Tristan stopped himself from blinking.

"I hate that man my whole life, he abused me...he..." Colin shut his eyes, his voice was hoarse he could not stop the tears from falling. "Last night was my time to hurt my father. You should have hit him with your car! Not me! He should be the one lying here. Not me! He deserves to suffer! I don't deserve this pain anymore..."

Colin's screams of anger and despair sent panic through Tristan's veins.

"B-because I experienced too much already...." Colin stopped mid tear and glanced at Tristan. "Why hit me if he's the one who deserves to die?"