walk on memories 6

Isabel slumped her back against the white walls outside Colin's room as she could hear his broken sobs. She was too weary to stand but as the doors opened again she straightened up just to see the driver of the car.

She slumped again against the walls.
Tristan's outfit was creased, he looked horrible. He glanced at Ysabel for a while and broke the stare by sitting on the floor across her.With a furrowed eyebrow, she continued to stare as the guy slid his hands over his weary face.

"How was it?" She asked Tristan. "You okay?"

"I don't know anymore, I just broke his arm." Tristan apologized without glancing back. "I'm sorry"

"It's an accident." Isabel smiled and handed him his lost sweater.

+++

Colin quickly recovered physically, but emotionally was entirely impossible. The funeral of his mother came by and their faces flooded with sadness and anger.

"I didn't kept my promise...I failed to do it...I failed again."

Colin kept repeating. Isabel accompanied him, from his stay to the hospital until to his mother's funeral, Isabel didn't left his side.

Rain started to pour on the green grass, half of the crowd left in agony, and some stayed to witness Colin pick up his violin and played a piece for his dead mother.

Few steps away, Tristan stood, he was even paler than Colin for he had guilt inside his heart for adding burden to a stranger's life. He turned around to leave but stopped when Colin played.

The accident broke his arm, I broke his arm. How could he play at this state?

Colin started to play his melodious piece even his arm was casted. His cries were still audible despite the sound produced by his violin. The music was soothing yet sadness stained the music itself.

He listened to Colin's music.

Tristan's eyes flashed and felt his legs tremble as he recognized the music being played. He turned around to watch. The music awakening his memory lane.