wom 8- Let the tears fall

Isabel wanted to talk. This was her chance from the night she met him, from the recital, and then until to his mother's funeral: she could sense a deep burden on him, an endless struggle, and a scar. A wound so deep hidden behind those smiles, his only way of expressing this onus is by venting it through his melody: the violin. She shook her head, he couldn't play, and he wouldn't. The two headed out the streets of the market.

"So...you were the guy that night. I'm too foolish not to recognize you."

"Hey, it doesn't matter. But what I'm thankful the most is that you've just appeared out of nowhere, helping me cope up."

"Just like Mael did? He popped out of your fence! I'm starting to like that teen."

Colin slowed down, Isabel looked at him. "Just like that driver did? Too many people have been coming in my life and going away, it's too fast."

"There's something about him though." Isabel kicked a stone. "Tristan."

"What?" Colin stopped walking, confusion plastered on his face, he waited for her to reply.

"It's like a click, you know." Isabel shrugged ready to head on but Colin did not move.

"It's weird, but I felt it too. Something deep, like a long lost connection." Colin furrowed his eyebrows; lost in thought. Isabel lapsed into the silence, they both did.

Suddenly, a group of women crowded their path swirling in a seductive manner. They were now in the middle of the square, people huddled in exotic and vibrant costumes. One was aiming for Colin, he stepped back avoiding direct contact to her almost naked body.

The woman grabbed him along the crowd of dancers, he followed along. Colin kept his distance, but she was persistent: shaking her hips in all directions. He jumped back as the stranger covered his eyes and pushed him farther.

"Open..." She said as she removed both hands.

No.

Colin's eyes widened with fear, gasping at the pure horror of the scene: his knees quivered, and felt himself sweating suddenly. A fire dance battle was in front of his eyes. On stage, people were blowing fire from their mouths. The crowd cheered their hearts out, screaming.

"W-hy--" he couldn't speak, he nearly choked. He couldn't even breathe.

The fire was blinding him. His head started to spin. His mouth froze in horror, he's unable to move, and was about to scream. "Colin? Colin?" Isabel's voice turned into static. He ran his trembling hands over his face.

My nightmare's returning. I could hear screams of despair. And-

She calls me.

Again.

But in other name.

Again.

Celidonio!

"--Is Colin having--" He could hear other voices, but her screams filled his eardrums.

Celidonio!

"--A breakdown?--"

Celidonio!

"--You hurt kid?--"

And right now, I could hear her cries again. Pain and sadness coated my body. I feel like I am burning. Burning in fire.

I love you Celidonio.

"Stop. Please-" Colin sunk to the floor, half-fainting. "--Help me--"

She's weeping for me.

This is my weeping memory.

Few feet away, Tristan was busy eating roasted barbeques: hoping to clear his mind about the deal. He munched the meat as the people seemed to huddle somewhere near the square. He looked up just to have a view of dancers playing with fire, belly dancing ladies, and-.

"La mierda!"

He finished first the last bite and zigzagged his way through the crowd. Ahead of him was Colin, curled down, sunk to the floor, hands pressed over his ears, trembling, and crying. Isabel gave him a frightful look.

"Help me..."

Time seemed to freeze as he said those words. Tristan crouched down to Colin, gripped his shoulders and moved him to an upright position.

Turning his vision away from the fire, he then covered his eyes with both hands.

It did the trick.

Tristan covered his eyes firmly, it took long enough, letting Colin breathe again, giving him time to forget the blasting fire on stage. He removed it as the fire performance was over. Colin faced Tristan, fear in his eyes. To his surprise Colin hugged him, both men crouched on the ground. Tristan's heart broke when he felt his tears soaking his sleeve.