chapter 7

The next morning I felt pissed off and so i kept calling Daniel.On the fourth time,he picked up.I was about to shout but he said sorry in a tone that was reallt dreadful and exhausted."Is everything okay?"
"Well,no sheldon.Mom had a stroke yesterday afternoon."
Oh myGod."Which hospital?I'm coming to coopertown right now."
He gave me the adress.I got ready as soon as i can and took ny car keys and hopped onto my ride.I planned to skip college for the day.
By 2 pm i was in the town.I found the hsopital and texted Daniel.There was no response from him but suddenly a knock startled me.There were two amber eyes peeking through my window.I got out of the car.His face looked more than 20.There were dark circles and his amber eyes didn't look as bright as before.He heaved a sigh and managed to give me a smile.I hugged him and gave him a pat.The embrace was a comfortable one.He broke the embrace and led me inside the hospital.The receptionist looked at me but Daniel nodded at her and she got back to work again.He led me to a room  there she was.A woman with the same shade of blonde as Daniel was lying in a bed.She had a ventilator attached and a few more chords to her hand.My heart ached to see her in this condition.I peered at Daniel and saw that he was looking straight at me.
"What are you thinking about?"
"Nothing sheldon.Just nothing",he released a breathe and i saw this jaw was tight.He looked at his mom again who was more beautiful than any other woman i have ever seen.
Daniel and i left the hospital and well he took me to a small bar.He asked me what i'd like to have for lunch and ordered a burger.He didn't let me pay and apologised again for last night.I said it was ok.We left the bar but not before the waitress giving Daniel a flirty smile.No wonder the boy was a handsome one.I looked at my phone but as usual found nothing sice nobody seems to care if i was dead or alive and well Ryan had to meet his grandparents today so he was busy anyway.

It was almost afternoon.Daniel's mother was still asleep.But Daniel and i talked for the whole time.He gave me a tour of the town and chuckled a few times when i  said anything obnoxious.At last i had to say goodbye to him.He said he will visit me the next time and we side hugged each other.
By the time i reached Henskeyork(our town)it was midnight.I parked the car in ohr garage but something was off.When i reached inside nobody was there.Malena,our housekeeper was cleaning the kitchen when i asked where everyone is.What she said sent a wave of shockwave right to my core.
I broke a run and reached for my car and went to the central hospital.When i stopped i saw a helluva lot of cars.I entered the hospital and found Charles and keith.Keith looked miserable.Charles
Spotted me but said nothing.
I asked for Ms.Elizabeth Spencer's room to the receptionist,Ryan's grandma who seemed to have been in life support.She led me the way.When we came infront i saw spencer's parents,my parents and a few more people including megan.I spotted Ryan seated at a corner room.I made a dash for him and when he looked at me i saw that he was disappointed.He looked sad but a bit furious too when he asked me,"Where were you sheldon?I called you like  a billiom times."Oh crap my phone was dead for not being charged enough.
"I was in coopertown,Ryan.I m sorry.My phone got dead and..."
"What were you doing in there?Please tell me it'a not that guy again,"he asked with a little irritation.I know Ryan loved his grandma and i couldn't be here earlier but he couldn't just behave like this.
'I already said i 'm sorry.  But I am here now.It was an emergency."
"Really sheldon?what is with you and this guy?You can drive 6 hours for him and cannot just charge your damn phone for us",he scoffed.
"But Ryan..."
"Leave it sheldon.Sorry Ryan dear for her behaviour.She is being unreasonable for nothing at all.Come on now .Leave him alone for some time.Your father and i have some important things to discuss with you,"mom said grabbing my elbow and ushering me away from Ryan.He sat there looking at his feet and his eyes looking lost.Just like my heart felt right now.
We left the hospital bidding goodbye to Mr and Mrs spencer .
I drove my car while Charles took mom and dad in his.When we reached our house ,i started for the stairs. It wa 2 in the morning."sheldon !come here we have to talk."
My parents told me to sit on the couch on the opposite side. Charles stood by the couch.
"Where were you the whole day ?"my father asked feigning concern.
"Did you know the masters were asking for you.We had to make up something.It was mortifying!"mom said massaging her forehead.

OKAY ,so it was the masters not them who felt my absence.
"I went to visit a friend of mine,"i answered in a clipped tone.
"Can you show me a picture of yohr this friend ?"Dad asked. This friend?i looked back at Charles. He must've told him something
I didn't undestand why he needed a picture.
"I don't have one",i replied bluntly.
This time he shared a look with Charles and stood up and left the room without backward glance.So did they all and i was the last one to exit.