chapter 21

Sheldon

We all sat in the dining table with loads of dishes set infront of us. But none of us had the urge to eat anything. When i came out of the room i saw charles nodding at my mother and she had kept her hands on his shoulders. I came to know Charles was sorry on behalf of our father. He gave me an apologetic smile. Well how can i be furious at him? He was also my brother.Ryan came behind me and greeted my mom charmingly. But not before grazing his knuckles on my hip. My breathe hitched in my throat.
Alex and Paul came back with Daniel. He had Cameron and Jaden along with him. Thank God  they were here because we always maintained a good  demeanour  infront of our kids. Jaden was Paul's six year old son. His mother left him a year later oh his birth. What a stupid bitch!

"Cam baby, i need you to listen to me. I have to tell you something," i gulped and further said ,"Ryan is your father,"i muttered a bit nervously pointing at Ryan who was seated opposite to cam besides charles. He looked up from his plate and stared at Ryan.He was seated between me and Daniel.Alex and Paul stopped talking and Alex smiled at cameron . Paul appeared to seem unfazed and Daniel well, he was sitting by cam's side  his hand on the border of his chair looking at cameron scrutinizingly.
"Are you Jesus?"he asked Ryan.
What?
"No i am not cameron."Ryan replied a bit amused.
"Nevermind. I thought mom had me with jesus. Like you know,Greek Gods loving  the mortals," he said out loud taking a bite from his Bbq wing.
I was speechless. Dont know about greek gods but this kid was a demi god.The whole table was shaking with laughter including Ryan.
"So can i call you daddy just like Aunt Paige calls Uncle Daniel?" Paige is Daniel's girlfriend who was at this  moment back home.
This time i couldn't stop. I looked at Daniel seeing him red faced and laughed out loud staring at his gorgeous face.Alex did a whistle and Paul threw his tomato at Daniel's face. He opened his mouth and caught it. Mom was shaking his head.
"Oh shut up sheldon will you? Yes you can cam. But you can also  call Ryan dad," Daniel said shaking his head at me.
Ryan seemed to have enjoy the whole scene. But when i looked at charles well, he had a genuine smile on his face , the one that i didn't see ever and it was directed towards me. I smiled back at him.