Chapter 2

Let me explain

Taehyung POV

Today I have my shift on my part time job at the cafe. It's been a couple weeks now and I work there on a few times a week. Afternoon of course since I have to attend university with Jimin and go to my lectures with Hoseok. After my lectures had finished today, I made my home to my shared house with Jimin. Then not long after went to the cafe.

'I hope that guy Jungkook also has his shift now too' I think as I drive to the cafe which only takes a few minutes. I've become friends with Seojun and Jin quickly and I want to be closer to Jungkook. I don't know why but he catches my attention all the time and I find myself looking at him from time to time. Jungkook seems...really quiet though. Like not shy just unnaturally quiet. Maybe that's how he's like when he meets new people?

The small bell rung, announcing my arrival in the cafe. No one's here right now but people will start coming once working hours are finished for people. Jin hyung greeted me and I shook his hand and politely bowed my head to him then made my way behind the register. I grabbed an apron and tied it around my waist. Jin hyung put a hand on my shoulder and asked "Know what your doing today?" I nodded. "Yep, I'll be receiving and giving out people's orders today."

"Yes your our waiter today. I'll be helping you along with the others behind the counter" Jin said with a smile then went towards Seojun. Is it just me, Jin and Seojun hyung? Before I go behind the register I turn around to see if he's here. And I see a perfect slim figure preparing and espresso.

 And I see a perfect slim figure preparing and espresso

There he is. I don't know why but he just looked different to other people. He caught my attention the day I met him. Jeon Jungkook. He even has a perfect name to match his perfect looks.

I walked towards Jungkook. "Hey" I said and stood behind him. Jungkook turned around but didn't realise how close I was already standing behind him and walked into me. I stumbled back as I heard Jungkook hiss. "Sorry" I said not wanting to hurt him. Jungkook clutched his right arm with his left and hissed again looking like he was in pain. "Did...did I hurt you?" I asked. Although I don't think I did. We didn't bump into each other that hard. But the way Jungkook held his arm looks like he had already been hurt there from before but it triggered pain when we bumped into each other. "Are...you already hurt there? Did someone hurt you?" Jungkook's eyes immediately shot up to me. "W-Why would you think...someone did it?"

I mentally slap myself. That was a stupid thing to say. "Sorry" I apologise. "Did you get hurt?"

"Umm....I..." Jungkook looked very uncertain and nervous at my question. "I...accidentally hit the wall on the way out this morning since I was rushing" He said. "...Ok" I nodded.

"Umm...how was your weekend?" I asked to get a conversation going. Jungkook bit his lip uncertainly. "It...was...fine" He said slowly as he started putting away dirty mugs and cups. "Do you live by yourself in that apartment?" I asked. Jungkook shook his head. "No, I live with my boyfriend."