Chapter 10

Safe Now

Jungkook dropped the phone right after whispering those words with the last of his energy. His head hit the floor as he fully stopped moving his body and lay still. He could still feel the blood around his mouth. His conscience state was slowly slipping away but his eyes were still open.

"Hello? Jungkook? What happened? JUNGKOOK!" He faintly heard the deep voice from the phone that was a right next to Jungkook's fingertips as he lay there on the cold floor. Jungkook blinked weakly as he tried to move his fingers but they refused to listen. His body felt like it was shutting down.

"Your at home right?" He heard the voice continue to speak. "Hold up, I'm coming. Stay there" And the call finished. Jungkook felt a slight bit of hope. He was coming...? Coming to save him. Maybe, just maybe it was all over. But maybe Joon would stop him. Jungkook eyes flickered open and shut. Maybe it would be better if it all ended. Just close your eyes...maybe it will all end...Close your eyes one more time.

Jungkook didn't know how long he lay on the floor bleeding, until he heard a knock on the door. His heart started beating again. Taehyung?

"Jungkook" He heard a faint voice call out to him from the other side of the door. Jungkook's conscious state suddenly started coming back knowing he might be ok soon. He heard the door knob attempt to twist open. "Jungkook are you in there?" The barely audible voice said again.

Wait, Joon is still here...

To Jungkook's surprise he heard the door creak open. He widened his eyes. His breath was still heavy and wasn't regular and normal yet.

Taehyung rushed inside the apartment not far away from his own, except it he was at his other house so it took time to get here. Completely alert, he looked around until his eyes spotted a familiar figure helplessly on the floor. "Jungkook" He said and immediately ran to the younger. Jungkook had his back facing the door but Taehyung could see the blood on the floor, through his clothes and the way he was hunched clearly showed he was hurt.

Taehyung kneeled down beside him and gently put a hand on Jungkook's shoulder and rolled him over slightly so he lay on his back. Taehyung widened his eyes in shock seeing the state Jungkook was in. Blood on his face, skin, clothes and floor. His eyes were barely open, his breath not normal and bruises everywhere.

"Jungkook what...what happened to you?" Taehyung asked shocked although he could guess.

"H-Hyung..."

Taehyung felt tears well in his eyes hearing Jungkook speak with such weakness in his voice. He needed medical attention. And fast.

"H-How did you get in?" Jungkook coughed right at the end of the sentence and a drop of blood came out of his mouth. Taehyung nearly smiled as he said "You need to stop leaving your wallet at places or put in a pocket of some sort." Jungkook would have giggled if his insides didn't ache and hurt so much. His chest and stomach was exploding already without him moving. Imagine how much worse it would be if he moved.

"I'll get you out of here Jungkook, don't worry" Taehyung said and gently slipped his hand behind Jungkook's head and placed in on his knees. Jungkook immediately groaned in pain as Taehyung did so. How hurt is he? Jungkook's body ached at every single movement he made.

"Get him out of where?" Jungkook gulped hearing the voice he was afraid of. Taehyung looked up to see Joon standing at the end of the staircase with an angry expression.

He did this. He did this to Jungkook. How merciless can someone be to beat their own partner like this and leave them bleeding on the floor?!!

"Away from you" Taehyung spoke up feeling his own blood boil. He knew something was wrong between them two from the moment he met Joon. He knew there was something weird as to why Jungkook barely spoke to him or to anyone. It was all Joon.

"You cannot. He's my boyfriend!" Joon said firmly, walking towards Taehyung. Taehyung softly put Jungkook off his lap and stood up. "Well you don't beat up your boyfriend!" Taehyung yelled back. He balled his fists together. He hated seeing how vulnerable Jungkook looked. He hated how the innocent boy was always afraid of everything. He just wanted the best for him. And he certainly doesn't deserve this.

Taehyung turned around and went back down to Jungkook. "I'm taking you to hospital Kook" He said and was about to touch Jungkook to help him up but Joon grabbed Taehyung and pulled him back. "You can't touch him!" Joon shouted not happy that Taehyung was here.

Taehyung was furious looking at the man behind all of Jungkook's hidden pain and flung his fist at Joon's face hitting him right in the nose. Joon stumbled back and yelled not expecting that. Taehyung was angry. At how someone could hurt a precious soul like Jungkook in such a way that he could still barely breath.

Joon turned his head back to attack Taehyung again but Taehyung was too quick and hit Joon once more. "I can't touch him?" Taehyung yelled and punched Joon another time. "You literally beat your own boyfriend to a pulp and I can't touch him?!" Taehyung needed to knock Joon out for a little bit so he could get Jungkook safely out. So he swung his hand and hardly slammed in contact with Joon's head and he dropped to the floor. Luckily it wasn't that hard that he would get any damage. He's still conscious. Just hopefully won't have the will to move for a few minute.

"Taehyung..." He heard Jungkook's fainted voice as Junkook was still clinging into his breath trying not to pass out. Taehyung immediately turned back around and bent down beside him. Without saying anything Taehyung placed a hand under Jungkook's head and the other under his knees and lifted the younger off the ground. "I'm here, Jungkook. I'm getting you out" He said soothingly as he carried the injured one, bridal style, and walked out of the door quickly but steadily.

Jungkook shut his eyes and whimpered getting picked up but he saw Joon just before they exited the house and he couldn't help but feel slightly hopeful and happy that he was now leaving Joon behind him.

Luckily they didn't bump into anyone as it was dark and Taehyung made his way his car. His heart was racing in worry hearing Jungkook continuously moan in pain in his arms. Taehyung reached his car successfully and leaned closer to the handle of the back door and opened it with the hand under Jungkook's legs.

Once it was open, Taehyung carefully lay Jungkook along the floor of the back seat. "I'm going to put you here just incase you fall over if I put you on the seat, ok?" Taehyung said softly and waited until he saw Jungkook nod his head slightly. Taehyung then quickly closed the door and scurried around to the front seat. He took a deep breath and started the car wanting to get away as soon as possible incase Joon started chasing them. Taehyung pressed his foot on the accelerator and speedily drove off towards the nearest hospital but not too fast in case it hurt Jungkook.

Jungkook's insides were burning. Stinging. Hurting. Broken. He whimpered as his ribs felt like there were about to detach itself from his body. He slowly moved his right hand and touched his torso and felt thick liquid all over his shirt. "Hyung...quickly!" He yelped out in pain.

Taehyung's heart was racing as he tried to get to the hospital as fast as he could. "Don't worry Jungkook. Your safe with me"

Those words gave Jungkook the will to keep fighting his pain for a little longer...Just a little longer.