Chapter 7

Angry

As the morning slipped away and the sun rose higher into afternoon, Jungkook still did his best to avoid contact with Taehyung. It was hard. Especially as Jungkook could see Taehyung looking at him every now and then while working.

Soon the sun started to set a little and it was late afternoon, there was no costumers at the moment. So Jungkook, Jin and Taehyung started cleaning up a bit preparing to close up.

Once Jungkook had finished wiping down the last table, Taehyung called out "Hey kook, what's your favourite drink?" From behind the register. Jungkook looked up towards him with a spray in one hand and a wipe in the other. "Um...maybe americano" Jungkook replied casually because it would be rude not to respond. Taehyung nodded and turned his back to him and continued making drinks.

Jungkook simply walked to the cleaning equipment section which was at the back next to the storage room and put the spray back in the cupboard and threw the wipe. After he had done that, Jungkook went back to see Jin and Taehyung sitting down at one of the round tables together. "Hey Jungkookie, come" Jin gestured for him to sit down on a chair.

Jungkook went over, pulled out a chair and looked down to see an americano on the table for him. His eyes automatically smiled knowing that Taehyung asked for his favourite drink to make it for him while the others had their own. "Thank you" Jungkook spoke softly and picked up his mug. "No problem" Taehyung replied with a small smile of his own.

They started drinking in a peaceful silence when the door opened and they turned their heads as a costumer walked in. "I'll go. You guys keep chatting and finish your drink" Jin said kindly and stood up with his mug and went over to the register to serve the costumer who came.

Jungkook bit his lip when Jin left leaving just him and Taehyung. He wanted to stand up and go but that would be rude. He only could do that unless someone else came in. They both started chatting a little while sipping their drinks. It was mostly Taehyung asking questions or talking and Jungkook responding a little.

Once they both finished Taehyung stood up and reached over to take Jungkook's empty cup as well. Before Taehyung could get it Jungkook put his hand around it. "No hyung, it's ok. I'll wash it myself."

"Don't worry I'll do it, Jungkook" Taehyung insisted. "Besides other people are coming so go serve them." Taehyung grabbed the cup and started turning around but Jungkook thought this was unfair that he was always helping him. So Jungkook stood up as well and held Taehyung's arm stopping him. He didn't like how the older was always being nice to him. 

Just as Jungkook was about say something and take the cup out of Taehyung's hand the bell on the front door rung and they both looked that direction.

Jungkook immediately gulped looking towards the door and realised his hand was actually on top of Taehyung's holding the cup and quickly took it off. Taehyung not knowing anything just went off to put the mugs away while Jungkook stood there frozen.

Taehyung quickly rushed to the sink, put the mugs in and came back to get the person's order ready once Jungkook served them. But as Taehyung got back he saw the costumer approach Jungkook and wrap his arm around Jungkook's waist pulling the still boy close to him making Taehyung pursed his lips together feeling his stomach turn over.

"How's your day?" Joon asked with an arm protectively around Jungkook. "It's...It's good. Great, just like everday" Jungkook said nervously knowing that Taehyung and Jin were probably listening and had to sound like he's happy being around Joon, not scared. "How come your off work early?" Jungkook asked putting a hand on Joon's chest as he kept leaning closer. "Because I asked to leave early to come see you" Joon replied placing a kiss on Jungkook's ear.