Chapter 14

First Kiss

The next day Taehyung woke up at the arrival of morning. His eyes flickered open and he saw a sleeping figure snugged up right against him. Taehyung realised it was Jungkook whose whole body was nearly against his own with his own arms nearly hugging Jungkook. Taehyung quickly removed his arms off Jungkook and blushed at how close they were. Biting his lips he saw Jungkook's face was nearly touching his. That's how snugged up they were. Taehyung never really got the chance to admire Jungkook up this close before. Jungkook was always either trying not to talk to him or seemed really upset and far away. But now Taehyung could really see Jungkook's beauty. His skin, so perfectly milky smooth. With a small scar on his left cheek. His brown silky hair which looked softer than clouds. Even his eyelids were pretty which held such gorgeous orbs underneath. And his lips. They looked too sweet not to touch. Taehyung ever so softly reached up and moved a bit of Jungkook's bangs away from his forehead with his fingertips. Taehyung smiled softly looking at Jungkook. The most gorgeous boy Taehyung has ever seen.  He gently placed his lips on Jungkook's forehead for a second before quickly removing them. He then tried to get out of bed without waking Jungkook up.

-

When Jungkook woke up, he found Taehyung was already out of bed. Seeing the bed empty next to him reminded him of Joon for some reason. He sleepily got up and went to the bathroom to do his morning routine before going into the kitchen to find Taehyung making breakfast. Taehyung greeted Jungkook with a warm box smile.

Jungkook half smiled back then just looked down and walked towards Taehyung. He stopped at the edge of the kitchen but kept his head down. Taehyung frowned slightly seeing Jungkook's upset face. He went up to the younger and gently put a hand on his shoulder. "You alright?" He asked.

Jungkook bit his lip slightly. "I...Is is wrong...that I miss him?" Jungkook asked in a faint voice as if he thought he was saying something that would get him into trouble. Taehyung took a deep breath and paused for a second. "...No. It's not" He said and Jungkook eyes went up at him. "It's not wrong for you to miss Joon. After all, you've been with him for so long and manipulated by him for so long. To you he's the only one you've ever loved. But it is wrong if you think you still love him" Taehyung explained.

"D-Don't I though?" Jungkook asked slightly confused. "I...I've put him above me. I've done everything for him. I've cared for him and gave him everything. D-Doesn't that mean...I love him?" Jungkook's eyes glistened while he shyly asked Taehyung these questions.

Taehyung shook his head. "Firstly, you should never put someone above you. You are the one who comes first. Your health and happiness is your top priority. And no man or woman should take that away from you" Taehyung said while Jungkook listened to these words in which he never heard before. He never thought that way.

"You've done, cared and gave Joon everything not because you loved him. Maybe at first it was because you did. But it became, because Joon would hurt you if you didn't. You didn't have a choice but to give Joon your everything" Taehyung continued explaining to the poor boy who understood nothing before. "But...doesn't Joon love me? Isn't his personality just a bit harsh? It's his way of loving me...different?"

Taehyung sighed, feeling downhearted. He himself never experience what love it but he knew what Jungkook went through with Joon wasn't correct. "No Jungkook" He answered softly. "Joon's personality isn't just a bit harsh. He's an abuser. The way he treats you isn't a different way of love. There is no excuse for hurting someone the way Joon hurt you. You don't hurt the one you love. Joon was just using you, Jungkook. Because he knew you were at his feet and he could do whatever he wanted with you. He doesn't love you" Taehyung said. "And you don't love him either, Jungkook" He put his other hand on Jungkook's arm. "This isn't love."