Chapter 2

Alaska

I woke up the next morning with the sound of my alarm going off. It urked me how irritating a sound can become after a while.

I stood up from my bed and groggily walked over to my closet, grabbing some tights and a soorts bra. I got dressed and tied my hair into a ponytail after I put on some jogging sneakers.

Sighing hapilly, I exited the cabin and started jogging up the trail. I passed countless trees and rocks covered in moss and realised how beautiful the woods actually was.

After a couple of miles I stopped and rested my hands on my knees as I panted for breath.

After looking at my watch I saw I only had an hour to get into the shower and get dressed before work. So I jogged back and smiled at the peacefulness the woods gave me.

I didn't miss the city at all.

*

Once I stepped out of the shower I put on some comfortable light blue skinny jeans and a simple, black spaghetti strapped shirt.

I ran a comb through my waist long blonde locks and cursed them as the brush got stuck in a tangled mess. I glared at myself through the mirror and yanked the brush out, causing a searing pain to rip through my scalp.

"Mother fucker." I cursed.

I gave up and just tied my hair back into a neat ponytail that was acceptable for my first day at the diner.

Finally finished I grabbed my bag and started the short walk to the diner. Lucky for me the diner I had gotten the job for was only a couple of miles away from the cabin, so I could easily walk until I decided to get a car.

I reached the diner within 15 minutes and stood out front, taking in the exterior.

It surprised me

It surprised me. The exterior.

It was what you would imagine any diner to look like in any good 80's movie starring your favourite actor.

Above the diner in yellow neon letters read: The Paw Print

I was once again reminded what this town was known for by the Cherokee people. The wolves that resided in the very same forest I did.

With another sigh I entered the diner and walked over to the cashier. She smiled up at me and I glanced at the cute dimples promenent on both corners of her mouth. Her obviously dyed red hair hung just below her shoulders and the piercing on the side of her nose sparkled as the light shone on it.

"Good morning! Welcome to the Paw Print. Can I get you a menu?" she asked polightly.

Something felt different about her. I couldn't quite place my finger on it. But something inside me felt connected to the unnatural gleam her eyes shone with.