Chapter 10

Alaska

The next day at work Molly cornered me.

"Have you two done it yet?" she asked bluntly.

My eyes widened and I stared at her with wide eyes. "Done what?" I asked.

"Have sex...? Did he claim you yet?" she asked.

A blush creeped up my cheeks and I stared at her in horror. "N-No!" I stammered, not really knowing what I should say.

"That's strange. I could have sworn I smelled you on him yesterday." she mumbled.

"Molly!" I gasped.

She chuckled. "Stop being so shy! These things are normal for us wolves." She said and wiped down the counter with a cloth.

"Well no we haven't. I'm not even sure I want to yet." I said. "You're lying. The bond must be driving you sexually crazy by now." she said with a smirk.

I groaned and hid my face from her with my hands. "Is it that obvious?" I asked.

"Not at all. But I do know the effects it has on us." she said.

"Have you found your mate yet?" I asked curiously.

"No." she said sadly. "But we were taught about the mating bond when we were young."

"Oh. I'm sorry." I said.

Just as she was about to answer me Randy called me to the back. He was an amazing chef but also acted as manager when Joe wasn't here.

"Hay girl. Would you mind taking out those trash bags?" he asked, pointing to two black plastic bags perched on the side of the wall.

"Of course Randy." I said smiling.

"Thanks hun. Just take 'em out back by the dumpster." He said and continued grilling a beef patty, that was making my mouth water.

I grabbed the two bags and huffed at their weight. What does he put in here? Bricks?

I pushed the back door open with my hip and walked over to the dumpster.

It was rather secluded back here. The diner shielding it completely from the main road and walls surrounded it except for a broken down part in the far off corner.

I opened the lid of the dumpster and flung the two bags inside, dusting off my hands as I turned around to go back inside.

And that's when I saw them.

The three men who attacked Micah the other night was standing in front of me. They looked worse then when they did back then.

They were thinner and dirtyer and the pants they wore had different sizes of holes in them.

I remember the middle one being Regan. He seemed to be their leader of sorts and he was smirking at me with rabbid red eyes.

"Why hello there Luna." he said spitting out the last word like it was a curse.

"What do you want?" I spat, crossing my arms over my chest. Even though they were beasts, I refused to show any fear in front of them.

They started walking closer to me and my confidense wavered, but I pushed the fear to the back of my mind and glared at them.

"We want to know how you commanded us." he asked, his body a mere centimeters away from mine.

I tried taking a step back, but my back hit the dumpster behind me and it only made me glare harder.