Chapter 17

Micah

"Have you found them yet?" I asked Byron, my Gamma, who was in charge of the search for Regan and his rogue pack.

"No alpha. They've been avoiding our territory since the incident at the diner." He said standing next to Arturo in front of my desk.

"No scent? Nothing?" I asked getting irretated at the lack of progress. I needed to find him and kill him. He laid his filthy hands on my mate. He needs to die.

"No, sir. He's pretty skilled at wiping his tracks." Byron said.

"Alpha, if you'll allow me, I can go to the witches in the east mountain. I know a witch who can help me track him." Arturo spoke up for the first time.

Byron's body tensed up. "Alpha, with all due respect, I'm in charge of the search. If anyone should be talking to them it should be me." he said, sending a side ways glare at Arturo, who just rolled his eyes.

"Byron, this petty jealousy of yours is getting old." I said in a low voice. He's been after Arturo's position ever since I've appointed him.

"It's not about that! I'm the best tracker in this pack and you know it." he said.

It was true. Byron was the best tracker, but Arturo was the best warrior and second best at leadership, which is why I appointed him Beta.

"Fine. Arturo, let your witch know Byron will be comming by." I said, leaning back in my chair.

Something's not right about the way he wants to controll this search. My wolf spoke, growling at me.

He was right. It was weird. But I just shrugged it off as him wanting to prove to me he'd be a better Beta.

"Of course Alpha." Arturo said.

Before I could speak further there was a knock at the office door. And I knew who it was before she walked through. Her scent traveled through the door and into my nose, making my wolf growl with anticipation.

"Come in." I said through the link, knowing she would hear me.

The doors opened and she walked through smiling at me.

Byron and Arturo bowed their heads in submission. "Luna." they greeted her respectfuly.

My wolf huffed in approval.

Her eyes lit up when she saw Arturo and I glared at him in jealousy. "Arty! How are you?" She asked. He gave her a sincere smile. "I'm doing fine, Luna." he said. She rolled her eyes at him. "What did I tell you Arty? Call me Alaska. Please." she said.

I growled. "He will call you Luna." I spat. She glared at me and crossed her arms over her chest defiantly. "He will call me Alaska." she shot back.

I glared back at her, not liking the defiance she showed in front of my pack members.

Arturo shifted uncomfortably and glanced at me. "If you'll excuse me Alpha. I have a call to make to the witch." He said.

I nodded and he spun around and walked out of my office. Alaska looked at Byron and smiled. "I don't think we've met. I'm Alaska." She said holding her hand out towards him.

He picked his hand up to shake her's but I shot him a warning growl and he  smiled respectfuly.

"I am Byron. It's a pleasure to meet you Luna." he said, tucking his hands behind his back as if to tell me he wouldn't touch her.

"Please don't call me that." She mumbled rolling her eyes.

I could tell she was uncomfortable with being the Luna. She didn't know what this entailed and demanded of her.