Chapter 27

Alaska

Darkness

That was all I could see. I was drifting and falling at the same time. And there was nothing and no one near me.

"Alaska."

Her voice sounded everywhere. It was soft and loud at the same time.

She appeared in font of me like a vision. Or a ghost.

She looked like me yet different at the same time. Her blonde hair floated around her like silky tendrils. she had blue eyes and was dressed in a white dress that fell over her body like a cloak. The only word I could use to describe her... was: PURE.

"Who are you?" I asked softly.

"I'm you. Only from a previous life." She spoke.

"I don't understand. What happened?" I asked.

"You have awoken."

"What?" I asked. My head was spinning, reeling with questions and knowledge that I couldn't make sense of. "What am I?"

"You're her creation. Their queen." She said.

"Who's creation?"

"The moon. She created us as their queen. And we created them." She explained. Her voice was calm and melodic, sounding like music as it drifted around in my mind.

"Am I... Am I dead?" I asked softly.

"No, little one. You've been awoken by her."

"You're being very cryptic." I said, feeling frustrated that she wasn't giving me any straight answers.

"Because you're asking questions you already know the answer to." She whispered.

She floated towards me and our faces was now inches from each other.

"I don't know anything!" I said.

"When you wake up... you will know EVERYTHING." She whispered and connected her lips to my forehead.

And the last thing I felt, was an overwhelming sense of peace washing over my body.

My eyes opened slowly and I blinked rapidly as my eyes tried to adjust to the light. The first thing I noticed was that I was in Micah's room. And my mind immediately reached out to feel his presence. My heart fluttered at the realisation that he was close to me, but he wasn't with me.

"Luna! Are you alright? Are you hurt? Should I get the doctor?" Arty's panicked voice reached me and I sat up slowly.

I smiled at him and shook my head. "I'm fine Art. But I could really use a shirt." I said blushing as I realised I was half naked. "Of course Luna!" He said quickly and rummaged through the drawers. He pulled out one of Micah's shirts and I put it on.

"I'm so sorry Luna! It was all my fault! If I hadn't left you alone..." He started.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Art I'm fine. See? Nothing happened." I said and stood up from the bed.

I stretched my body and smiled as I didn't feel anymore pain. Arturo gaped at me and his eyes widened.

"Luna... your injuries. They're gone." He whispered.

I nodded and smiled, already knowing why. I didn't how I knew... I just... knew.

It was because of what I am. I could heal myself and others. Wolves especially.