Chapter 22

Alaska

Everything hurt.

That's all I knew as I tried opening my eyes. I tried stretching my body, but my hands were tied and I couldn't move them.

"Waky waky, Princess."

His voice reached my ears before my sight cleared up. And I felt a sickening knot in my stomach as I realised what happened.

I was in a cold room. The walls and floor was made out of cement. There were no windows and the only light came from a small bulb hanging from the ceiling.

I was lying on the ground, my hands tied above my head in chains attached to the wall behind me.

"Sleep well?" he asked.

My eyes shot in the direction of the voice and I saw Regan leaning on the opposite wall, smiling at me as he stared at me with glowing red eyes.

"Regan." I whispered, my eyes widening as fear rocked my body.

"Micah?!" I asked through the bond. But there was no answer.

"Micah please!"

"Don't even bother with mind link. I had Athena block everything except the pain." He said.

"What?" I asked, my voice barely a whisper.

Regan pushed off the wall and walked over to me, kneeling in front of me and stroked my cheek softly with his fingers. I turned my head away from him.

"He won't be able to contact you through the link. He won't be able to sence you or track you. He'll only be able to feel the pain I inflict on you." He whispered.

"Please let me go!" I begged, my whole body shaking in fear as I realised what he said. He was going to hurt me purpousfuly so Micah would become agitated.

"Not a chance in hell princess." He spat and his eyes hardened.

He grabbed my hair and yanked me closer to him, my arms pulling at the restraints in protest.

He smirked and leaned forward, running hisbtongue from my collar bone to my jaw, making me gag in disgust.

He moaned.

"I can't wait to sink my teeth into you." He said and pressed his lips against mine.

I struggled against him, trying to kick him away from me, but he held me firmly against him.

He parted my lips with his tongue and moved his mouth against mine roughly.

I leaned into him and bit down hard on his lower lip. He jerked his head away from me, blood dripping down his chin from the wound I inflicted.

"You bitch!" he frowled and raised his hand. I gasped as he brought his fist down and connected it with my jaw.

My head snapped backward and I fell back against the wall, hitting my head against the cold cement.

I whimpered as pain throbbed through my skull.

"If you don't start behaving I'll have to teach you a lesson now won't I?" He snapped, still glaring at me.

"What do you want from me, Regan?" I asked, ignoring the stench of decay that rolled off of him.

"It's simple really, darling. But I think this lesson is best started with a couple of slaps on the wrist don't you think?"

I frowned as he unlocked the chains from my wrists and grabbed my hair, lifting me up from the ground.

I yelped in pain and my hands shot up to where his held my hair, trying to ease some of the strain.