Chapter 9

Alaska

We were silent as we drove to the pack house. I could tell he was angry. And I wasn't completely sure why.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked softly.

"No. It's just... I don't like the fact that you can command me like that. It's embarressing for an alpha to submit to anyone else. Even if that someone is his mate." He explained.

"I didn't do it on purpose." I said.

He sighed and his fingers tightened around the steering wheel.

"I know. Which is why I'm taking you to see Mama Laos. She can maybe tell us more about... about what exactly you are." He said.

"Who's Mama Laos?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"She's an elder in our pack. She's extremely wise. She knows a lot about history and she knows everything about our pack." He explained.

"Oh." I said looking out the window.

A few minutes of silence passed and I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Micah?" I asked softly.

"Yes, little one?" he asked.

"Do you think there's something wrong with me?" I asked.

"No. There could never be anything wrong with you, baby. I just know you're not human." He said.

"Well do you have any idea of what I could be?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"None. Nothing I have ever come across has ever possesed the ability to demand submission from a wolf the way you do." He explained. "And your eyes... they glowed when you commanded me."

I gasped and looked at him.

"Glowed? As in... like... headlight?" I asked shocked. He chuckled and nodded. "It was actually pretty beautiful to see." He whispered.

A small smile played on my lips and moments later we reached the house.

"Come with me." He commanded softly and we got out of the car.

The few poeple who were outside stopped what they were doing and slightly bowed their heads as we passed.

"Alpha. Luna." they whispered respectfully.

My eyes went up to Micah in surprise. "Luna?" I asked him as we walked into the huge house.

"That is what you became the moment we laid eyes on each other, Alaska." He said.

I felt a knot in my stomach and frowned. "Don't worry about that now. There's other things we need to worry about at the moment." He said, interupting my thoughts.

I smiled tightly and grabbed his hand making him raise an eyebrow in surprise. He didn't pull away however and just laced our fingers together, soothing my tense mind immidiately.

I have to admit... the mate bond was beginning to intrigue me.

Micah led me up a flight of stairs and down a hallway filled with atleast 6 doors. Then he stopped in front of the last door in the hallway and lightly knocked.

"Come in." A voice said from the other side.

He opened the door and revealed an elderly woman sitting in a rocking chair by the window, looking out onto the lake in front of their house.

"Alpha." She greeted with a wrinkled smile. Her eyes landed on me and she gasped. Her head bowed down and the words she spoke next shocked me. "My queen."