Chapter 3

Micah

I paced back and forth in the living room, much like my wolf was. Something was different about her. And it wasn't just because she was my mate.

"What's got you so riled up?" Molly asked as she fell down on the couch behind me. I growled.

"I've found her." I said.

"Found who?" she asked arching an eyebrow.

"My mate." I stated simply.

My sister's eyes lit up in excitement. "What? No kidding!" she yelled.

I grunted and continued pacing.

"Well after 23 years you've finally found her. Why aren't you more excited?" she asked.

"Because as Arturo so bluntly put it: Something's wrong with her." I said my wolf growling as I said the words.

Molly frowned. "What is it?" she asked.

"I don't know... yet." I said.

"Well who is it?" she asked. He growled in lust as images of her flashed through his mind.

He could feel his eyes change colour as the lust took over his mind. He inhaled deeply and growled as he didn't smell her scent.

"The girl you work with." I answered after a moment.

"What? Ally?" she asked in surprise.

"Her name is Ally?" I asked.

"No it's just  a nickname I had given her." Molly explained.

"Then what is her name?" I asked

"Alaska." She said.

My wolf purred in approval.

"Beautiful." I whispered. It suits her perfectly.

"Well I also realised something is... off about her. She made me want to... submit somehow." she said in a confused manner.

"Yes that's what Byron and Arturo also felt." I said.

"Do you think it's because she's our Luna?" Molly asked.

I shook my head and sat down on the couch. "No, because she had the same effect on me." I admitted, making my wolf growl.

Molly gasped. "But... You're her alpha!" she said. "I know." I said.

"When are you going to claim her?" Molly asked. "I can't yet. She's not one of us. She doesn't know our ways." I explain.

"Well what do you plan to do?" she asked. I grunted as I tried thinking of the correct course to take.

"We're having a party tomorrow night . You work with her. Invite her tomorrow at work." I said.

*

Alaska

The next day at work I could practically FEEL Molly staring at me. We had started getting along well, but I couldn't help but feel like she was awkward around me. Like she was careful and unsure.

Probably because I was a stranger to her.

I have to admit it would be nice to have a friend here.

"So... I was wondering if you would want to come to our house tonight? We're holding a quarter moon party." Molly said careful not to look into my eyes.

"A quarter moon party?" I asked raising an eyebrow. The people in this town are so weird.

"Yeah. You wanna come?" she asked playing with a strand of hair that fell out of her messy bun.