1: part one

Here's the first chapter for you guys, I hope you like it.

Angelica

How would the world feel if no one was allowed to go outside? It would be very, very sad. Only because people are addicted to other people, and phones. I wish I was addicted to people and my phone.

It's actually pretty sad. It's a Saturday afternoon and I'm in the library reading the same book that I always read. At this point, I think someone has noticed that I always pick up the same book and read it. It's not like I don't like other books, it's just that I connect with this book on a personal level. It helps me feel like I'm not the only one in this world that is going through something.

The library is really quiet, like always. A couple of people here and there. Mr. Canté, my English Teacher is here with his little daughter. I smile, he helps her read through the back of a book.

That's cute.

I avert my eyes back to the book. Sad Girls by Lang Leav. It's one of the most revolutionary novels for me. It's ending makes absolutely no sense but I think that's why I like it, because life makes zero sense. We grow up reading about how endings to movies and books need to be perfect, however, that's not realistic at all. If I were to write a book, or direct a movie, I think the ending would be very melodramatic. Life is a melodrama, it shouldn't be sugarcoated because that's telling people how they should live.

They should live life however the hell they want to live it.

I'm at the part where the character Rad and Audrey are gone horseback riding. It's an interesting concept of how the girl that started all the rumours of another girl to the point where she committed suicide because of those rumours, is with the boyfriend of the girl that died. It makes no sense, it makes readers want to hate the character because of it, but that's life. People would do that in real life. It just happens.

I don't know how many times I've read this book. I haven't found another book that intrigues me. All books are interesting in their own way, but even the books that revolve around life are fake. They have no real purpose or reasoning behind it. All of them end happy, or with someone finding happiness.

It's nonsense.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but can I interest you in another book?" I glance up from the words I was reading to the girl in front of me. Her hair was pulled back, and she had a wide smile on her face. Her lips coloured a pink, and her cheeks flushed because of the blush she probably applied. She has another book in her hand, To All The Bright Places. I know that book, my sister read it and told me it was a shit read.

"I'm okay. Thanks." I go back to reading, but she stands there not willing to move. She actually has the audacity to pull out the other chair from the table I was sitting at, and sit down.

I sigh, smile and look back up at her. "Is there something else you have to say to me?"

"Why do you read the same book everyday?"

I close the book, and put it to the side.

"I like it."

"Even so, it should bore you by now."

Little does she know, it does everything but bore me.