13

A/N: I guess in this chapter they talk and they kind of get close-ish. No promises. Angie is her own woman with a very indecisive mind.

Caspian

I was thinking about her.

When I went to bed yesterday, my brain kept wandering back to her. Wondering if she was okay, if she ate, if she was feeling well.

It's normal. I helped her, it's totally normal for me to feel concerned for her. I should've asked for her Instagram or something so I could've checked in with her.

But again, she wasn't really in the position to be telling me her Instagram.

So all of that leads me here to today, it's a Wednesday. She didn't come to school today.

I assumed she wouldn't, she did faint yesterday. Should I take something to her house? Like a bottle of water—

What the fuck? Who takes a bottle of water to someone's house, Cass?

Okay enough about that. I should just ask her how she is whenever she comes to school. Which will be tomorrow... I think.

"Yo Cass!"

The bell had just rung and everyone was heading out of school. I turn around and see Adam. A pretty cool dude who offered to show me around this weekend— at some carnival.

I don't mind. It might actually be fun.

"Hey," we dab each other up.

"Heard you helped Angie yesterday," we walk side by side in the hallway. He was friends with Angie? Or wait he could be more.

"Uh yeah, you close with her?"

"Close with her?" He scoffs out, "Her and I have been at each other's throats since the second grade but yeah she is my pal."

"Pal?" That's one weird way to describe your friend. Even I don't call anyone pal and I'm weird.

"Yeah... Pal."

He looks down as we walk out the door. I might be really wrong about this but I think the guy has a mad crush on her. Good for him?

"Have you decided on joining any clubs?"

I shrug, "It's only one year. I don't think joining clubs will do me any good."

"What do you mean? Joining clubs is the best decision you can make, at least here in Shakespeare."

"Do you suggest any clubs?"

"The Ambassadors. So many people wanted to join our club but we're too elite for them."

Or maybe others are too elite for them.

"What do you guys do?"

"We're in charge of school events and stuff. We have to make sure people pass their courses and we basically know everything about everyone. Kind of like a student council plus a guidance team in one."

Is it even allowed to have students information like that?

"Doesn't this school have a guidance counsellor?"

He shakes his head, "Nope. We have Angie for that. She's in charge of all the people who stress and don't know what pathway to pick."

"She's not even qualified to do that."

Adam abruptly stops walking and turns his body towards me. "She is way more than qualified for it, trust me."

I don't say anything else because the look in his eyes tell me that if I do, he won't be afraid to hurt me. Physically or mentally.

This school and it's people are frightening.

We turn right towards the parking lot, a sudden silence looms over us. "You have a pretty cool bike, mind if I ride it some time?"

Funny joke.

"Sure," I lean against the bike. "Do you know if Angie has a favourite food or something? I want to give it to her to make sure she's okay."

He stares at me with no expression on his face, "Why do you need to do that?" I literally just said why. "To comfort her?" Is this dude actually serious. I told him I'm doing it to make sure she's okay. Sort of like a peace offering.

"Yeah."

"You don't need to do that. I'll just ask her on your behalf."

"No... Really, I want to ask her myself."

We have this staring contest kind of thing. I'm guessing Adam thinks he's intimidating now after I told him how to fix up his style. Has no one ever told him that he needs to fix himself up in order to let his natural features be enhanced?

"She loves mochi anything."

I didn't see her as a mochi kind of girl.

"Thanks bro," I put my helmet on and get on the bike.

"See ya tomorrow!" I start the bike and drive off. I'm pretty sure Adam is really jealous of the fact that another guy is interacting with Angie. I'm just gonna try to get to know her fears for the assignment and I'll leave her alone. She's not even my type.

There's something so weird about this town. Every day it's filled with new people, or at least from what I've observed but it's also filled with the same old people doing the same old thing. They say that they know everyone here but they don't. Not when there's always tourists coming to check Shakespeare out.

It's not a very pretty village. It actually looks old and weird but everyone comes here to visit the church. The Presbyterian church. My Mom was Christian in the beginning of her teen years but as soon as she turned 18 she converted to Islam. I never knew why. She never really told me but it caused a lot of indifferences between my parents. I, for one don't signify myself as any. I am just me.

I believe there is a God out there but with the controversies of it, I don't choose. Mom never forced into converting or ever talked me into the knowledge of Islam. She told me if I ever thought it was something that peaked my attention then I should study it. Maybe one day I will, for the sake of Mom.

•••
A/N:

I wrote a very short chapter in like thirty minutes. Summer school just started for me and it's already hectic. I'll be back to a normal schedule after the 29th of July.

I'll try my best to update whenever I can, but for now adios:)

Izza🌝