10

A/N: I wanted to do a surprise update but I didn't have the stamina to actually finish a chapter. Schools done, I hope everyone's doing well at home! 💖

p.s none of the songs actually go with the chapters i just really enjoy the songs:)

Also this may or may not be the chapter you've been waiting for 😉

Angelica

"I didn't ask him for anything, I really didn't. He kind of just stared at me for like a good minute and then took out this box and then said 'I love you', I couldn't even say it back."

Momo, Hira, and I were sitting against the wall at lunch. Momo was eating her sushi with one earphone in her ear, and Hira was babbling to us about another boy saying I love you to her.

Mom went to work way before I woke up today but she made me a chicken sandwich beforehand. "Maybe he said it only because he knows how much you wanted to hear it. You can't trust guys, they're all liars," Momo offered her insight on Hira's boy issues.

"I know... I know! It's just... How can I ignore that now? He said he loved me, and then told all his friends I was the one. It makes no sense to me— he makes no sense to me."

The frustration on her face was so evident, if I wasn't so lost in my head, I would've sketched it.

"You need to relax, if you keep going on like this, you're gonna get wrinkles before you're thirty and trust me... Zackaria won't want you looking like a grandma," I say to her. She pouts and rubs her cheeks. "You didn't tell us how the session went?" Momo asks me, her eyes searching mine for all the answers she wants. I know she's gonna study psychology but doesn't mean she has to use all the psycho-ness on me.

"It was normal. Nothing good, nothing bad."

"What's your therapist like? Is she old or is she young?" Hira bites into her brownie looking at me with her eyes wide. I can't even hang out with these two nincompoops without them invading my life.

"She's young," I take a sip out of my water. Suddenly, the two were quiet. Looking straight ahead at something. I follow their gaze and see... Adam?

His hair was middle-parted, something he never does. He wore a white turtleneck under the black bubble jacket he wore.

I almost spit my water out.

He sees us and smiles at us widely. "Hey, Hufflepuff."

Me. He said hi to me, not them, but me?

"Psh, someone might think you have a crush on her, mate." Momo butts in, "We're your friends to you know?"

He smirks at her, "You jealous?"

She makes a disgusted face, "You wish."

I smile, "You look pretty decent for someone who shows up to school in Birkenstock's."

He groans, "For the last time, that was in middle school and it was only once."

Oddly, Hira stayed quiet. She was always the loudest out of all of us, I looked at her through the corner of my eye and noticed her checking him out, subtly.

Wait... Did she have a crush on him?

No— no, she couldn't have. She has a boyfriend, I'm just overthinking this. Not overthinking, just assuming.

"What'd you with your hair? I thought you liked it tied up?" I bite into a carrot as I check him out too, not in that way, in the friendly what-happened-to-you way.