24

A/N: I can't believe there's only seven more chapters to this book. I know it started off weird and off but I had great plans for this book. Every writer fails before succeeding and it's okay if I failed this book. Plus, the plot line was a mess so I'll give it that. Anyways, I am writing another book right now as well. I'm planning on releasing it on November 19, so look forward to it!!!

Angelica

We were staring at each other again. Our eyes meeting from where we sat, he shifted uncomfortably in his seat, as did I.

"Do you guys, uh... Know each other?" Louis looks between us.

"No."

"Yes."

We make eye contact with each other and I raise my brows, I had no intention of letting Louis know that I knew him.

"Who would've thought? You're both writers and have this huge wave of electricity flowing between you two," Louis takes a sip of his coffee. "Were you guys lovers or something?"

I choke on my spit and shake my head vigorously. "We know each other from high school, only a couple of weeks... Not even that long!"

"Then how come you're avoiding each other like the plague?"

"How about you mind your own business Louis?" Caspian butts in sharply. Did this dude forget his manners or something?

"Was it unrequited love?" When none of us answer, he continues. "Did Angelica reject you or did you reject her?"

"That's enough, Louis. We have work to do." I start typing random shit on my laptop, anything that'll get us to move on from this annoying conversation I'm having with these two.

"Since I'm your editor Caspian, I need you to send me your full manuscript by tonight or tomorrow morning."

"I didn't agree on you being my editor. How do I know you have the skills to edit my work?"

"Trust me, if Louis's getting me to edit your work, it must be your work that lacks skills."

He scoffs. "I'm sure he's only getting you to edit my work because he pities you."

"Are you sure I'm the one he pities or is it you? Wasn't it you who begged him to publish your book after getting rejected by five houses?"

He clenches his jaw, his eyes narrowing. "You're such a bitch."

I glare at him, "Did you just find that out? I'll have you know—"

"That's enough you guys!"

We don't break eye contact.

"You're acting like kids. If you can't be professional, then get out of my fucking office."

I flinch, looking at Louis. "Sorry," both Caspian and I mutter.

"Put your differences aside for a while, just until we finish his book and then you don't have to see each other again."

That would be a blessing.

"You guys can plan when to meet up to work on the draft. We have till next month before the publishing process begins."

I type that into my laptop, "Kay sounds good."

"I have a question."

I look up from my computer at Caspian, who's looking straight at me. I raise my brows, questioning him. "What if both of us come to a disagreement about something?"

I shrug, "We'll rock paper scissors it out."

Louis chokes, "You guys are so weird. I'm out, feel free to talk," He gets up and walks over to the door. "Oh and please don't rip each others head off. I don't want to have to clean up the blood."

The room is quiet, the only sound coming from the typing of my keyboard and the sound his pens making as he's writing in his notebook.

"I'll email you the manuscript, you can read it and do whatever you do."

I type that up, "I'll jot down what I think needs to be changed and then we can decide on a day to meet up."

"Sounds good." I finish typing the last to-do note and shut my laptop, putting it in its case. As I get up he gets up too, "Wait so we're not gonna discuss anything else?" I rubs the back of his neck, sheepishly.

I thought we were done, no?

"Is there something else you want to talk about?"

"Really? I think we have a lot to talk about, Angie. Don't you think?"

"I'm sure we do have a lot to talk about, but that doesn't mean we should talk about it."

"When are you gonna grow up and face what happened to you?"

"You don't know shit, Mr. Levante. What happened to me is none of your fucking concern." I whisper, deadly. He scoffs, "Veronica told me what happened. I'm just trying to look out for you, ever since you pushed your own family away from you."

I start laughing, "I pushed them away? See Caspian, you don't know anything. Just shut up and mind your own business and stay the fuck away from my life. You've been doing pretty well until now."

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Your Dad's in a psychiatric hospital, Jisoo is always worried about you, and Marina is somewhere you don't know. Don't you care at all?"

I slam my hands on the table and I notice him flinch, "And who do you think pays for the hospital? Who do you think sent money to Marina to go wherever the fuck she is right now? Who do you think helped Jisoo pay back her debt to her Dad? It wasn't the fucking air, Caspian. It was me."

He stares at me in shock. I know my eyes are blazing with fury right now, especially by the way he's looking at me. There's sympathy and fucking pity swirling in his eyes, I hate it.

"Angelica... I-"

"Save it, Mr. Levante." And I walk out the door.

***

A/N:

I know this was a very short chapter, I've been working on something else that I forgot this book existed. LOL hope you enjoy this, a little bit of the truth is out or we know now that Caspian knows... In the next chapter we'll see what actually happened.

Take care,

Izza