Chapter Ten [RQ]~ Cream For Our Kit

Virgil was woken up from his nap on the couch by a sudden clatter

Virgil was woken up from his nap on the couch by a sudden clatter. It sounded like a bunch of pebbles were being dumped on the ground which was very difficult to ignore. The small black kitten stood up from his resting spot in the sun and leaped down from the couch to investigate. He wandered over to the kitchen where he found his human -Thomas was it?- standing at the tall tower like structure. He was humming a charming tune while holding something at the tower and it seemed he was creating the loud noise.

The sound attracted the other cats of the house, all of them appearing to investigate. Thomas noticed all the cats and smiled, cooing at some of them as he work. Virgil tilted his head and watched as his human crouched down and placed four bowls- a human object the grey cat Patton explained to them- on the ground. Inside the bowls were small brown pellets.

"What's is it?" Roman asked, leaning forwards to sniff it.

"It's cat food. Something humans made for us to eat since they don't like us hunting," said Patton.

"It looks like rabbit droppings," Remus commented.

"Hey Remus, I dare you to eat it!" Roman demanded, poking his littermate with a paw.

Virgil sat a bit way from the squabbling brothers, sitting next to Logan since his Papa wasn't in the house at the moment. Thomas had taken him away earlier, but the calico never returned. Although he was worried Logan calmed him down and explained that his Papa was just taken to get his hurt face checked and would be staying over night. Virgil liked that about the grey tom, that he could calm him down and how he felt safe with him.

"Roman, Patton just told us that this stuff is for us to eat," Logan deadpanned, a rather unamused expression on his muzzle.

"Whatever birdbrain. Can't you go two minutes without pointing out the obvious?" Roman snarked, causing Virgil to puff his fur up in annoyance.

"That's not nice Roman! Logan's just being smart," the kit squeaked, a face that was meant to be angry, but just turned out to be utterly adorable.

"Oh kiddo Roman didn't mean it. Now all of you stop arguing and try the food," Patton said, lowering his head and grabbing a mouthful of the pellets.

Roman huffed and started eating as well, sharing a bowl with Remus. Virgil walked over to one of the four bowls, giving the pellets a sniff. He was about to take a bite when he was suddenly picked up off the ground. He was then looking at Thomas who had a small human smile.

"Sorry little guy, but you're not old enough to eat that. I've fixed you up something else," the human said.

He was set down on a hard, cool surface where Thomas placed another bowl in front of his paws. The contents of this bowl looked to be a creamy substance with some lumps scattered around. The scent was a mixture of the milk he got from his Papa and the pellets he just saw. Virgil placed his paws on the rim of the bowl and pushed his muzzled into the substance, scooping up a mouthful of it.

The flavor was interesting, creamy and not difficult to eat, yet not as smooth as the milk he got from nursing. He continued to eat, getting the stuff of all over his face, on his paws, and coated on his black and white whiskers. He had only managed to eat about half of it before getting full, licking his lips and shaking his head to try and clean himself.

Virgil nearly fell of the surface from surprise when he heard someone jump up next to him. He looked over and saw Logan standing next to him.

"Sorry I scared you. I finished eating and the twins are being annoying again," the grey tom said.

"It's okay. I'm done too," Virgil squeaked.

"You have stuff all over your face. Here," Logan said, scooting closer and running his tongue over the kit's face, cleaning up the mess he made while eating.

Virgil squeaked and screwed his eyes shut as Logan groomed his face, making very tiny and minimal protest against it. 

"So how was you food?" Virgil asked after his grooming.

"It was kind of dry, but actually good. I won't complain about eating it," dismissed Logan.

Virgil mumbled something in agreement before curling up next to Logan's grey pelt, rubbing his cheek against the tom's shoulder before falling asleep snuggled up next to Logan. Said grey tom felt his pelt heat up as the kit laid next to him, not of embarrassment, but of endearment as he had always loved this kit, but whether it was platonic or romantic he didn't know at the time. Logan decided he would just enjoy this and laid his head down as well, soon falling asleep too.

Alright alright! My wolf AU is out! You can check it out if you want. AND I have a new idea for an AU. It would be a human AU be about the brotherhood of Remy and Virgil after the death of their parents. Sound interesting? Anyone?