Chapter Eleven~ Good Job, But Never Again

Virgil started at the closet of his and his Papa's room. He kept hearing shuffling and squeaking coming from the shadows and they would occasionally move, as if shifting. This had been happening for the past few days, at first it frightened the young kit but now it was more annoying than anything.

Virgil huffed before walking closer, hiding behind the corner of the bed as a creature he's been seeing for the past few days scurried out of the closet. This creature had short legs, a long pointed muzzle with whiskers, a hairless tail, and a fat body. It's nose twitched as it sniffed the ground, probably smelling the cats that stayed there.

Virgil narrowed his eyes, a sudden instinct telling him this creature was prey, therefore should be killed. He set himself in an almost instinctual crouch, his blue tinted eyes narrowed as he stalked the animal. The thing didn't even notice him and he prepared to pounce, knowing what to do after observing both Roman and Remus pouncing at each other.

Virgil waited until the creature had turned way from the corner of the bed before he pounced. He had his claws unsheathed as he went flying to tackle it, grabbing the animal by the back of the neck and digging his claws into its throat. The creature screeched that was gurgled as blood filled its mouth from its wounds.

Then it went limp.

Virgil dropped his catch and basked in pride, realizing that this was his first catch he's ever made. The black puffball decided he wanted to show the others his prize. He grabbed the prey by its back and started out of the room, having to hold his head up high because of the animal's size. He toddled down the stairs into the living room where he found Roman and Patton laying on spots of sunlight. They both looked up as the kitten approached.

"Whatcha got there Virgil?" Roman asked.

Virgil gave them a muffled answer, none of them knowing what it was. Patton looked closer at the thing dangling in Virgil's jaws before letting out a terrified scream, springing up from his spot in the sun to the back of the couch in fright. Roman and Virgil both gave him a startled look before Roman got a better look of the prey and skittered back as well.

Virgil was now thoroughly confused at their action and even more confused when he heard a loud scream from off to his left. He looked over to see his human standing there looking rather sick as he stared down at the animal in his mouth. The kit trotted over, wanting to show his prize to his beloved owner, but the closer he got the farther Thomas backed away from him.

The confused kit placed his prey item on the ground where Thomas carefully picked it up by the hairless tail and grew it in his trash can. He then bent down and picked up the kitten, holding him close to his chest and running a fingers through his back fur. Virgil felt how tense his human was so he turned his head and gave him a little lick on the cheek. Thomas make a noise he often does when Virgil gives him a lick and then set him down on the ground, feeling a little better and not as panicked.

The other cats then proceeded to explain to the kit what the creature was (a rat) and how dangerous they were, spreading diseases to everyone and causing a lot of issues. Though he was prided that he managed to catch the darn thing and it being his first kill nonetheless. Virgil ended that day a little less confused, proud of himself, and sure that if he sees another rat he'll take care of it by killing it then dumping it outside or in the trash as to protect his owner.

I don't know if I have any other requests so I'll need some more. Also I don't know if anyone answered my question last chapter so I'll ask it again. Is anyone interested in a human AU?
Lemme know in the comments.