Chapter Seventeen~ Long Way From Home (Pt5)

Virgil laid in the shade of the alley as he had Remy licking the crusted blood off of his ear. Turns out Titan had ripped a chunk of skin off his right ear so now he had a sizable piece of flesh missing. He hissed slightly as Remy's tongue brushed the still fresh wound.

"Sorry about that. I'm just used to fighting tooth and claw that I can get carried away," Titan said, watching then from a few feet away.

"It's okay. I'm sure it'll heal soon and now I have a cool scar to show Remus and Roman when I get home," Virgil said, wincing again as Remy tugged at the wound.

"Who are they?" Titan asked, tilting his head.

"They're my family. I lost my mother at a young age and was adopted by some barn cats then my human. I've got to get back to them or else they'll freak out," Virgil explained as Remy finished up.

"Which is why we should be leaving," Remy said.

"Hold up now son, kid you said your mother died? By any chance do you know what she looked like?" asked Titan.

"My father Janus told me she was a stormy grey tabby with a white paws and underbelly. I don't know what her eyes were since I never saw her, but I can assume they're either green or violet," Virgil said.

"Oh, you have a father," Titan said.

"He's not my real father, just the one who adopted me and took care of me my whole life," Virgil said.

"Oh, well where did your mother die?" asked Titan.

"These are some very personal questions, but she was hit by a car while looking for a place to raise my sibling and I. My sibling died though. It was on the outskirts of the human settlement with a lot of land and some barns," Virgil hummed.

"Interesting. She just sounded like my last mate. A pretty stormy grey tabby she-cat with the same markings and pale violet eyes. Her name was Tsunami and once she found out she was expecting my kits she left for the countryside. Never saw her again," Titan said.

"Hmmm. Maybe she was the same cat. After all we kinda look similar," Virgil thought out loud.

"I was thinking the same thing. You also have some of her fiery personality," Titan mused.

"Wait, this is all dumb bs. Virgil we need to get you to Tipsy's house," Remy said.

"Tipsy isn't home. Her humans left to go help a friend find something they lost and too her with them. They won't be back until the day after tomorrow," said Titan.

Remy groaned before sighing.

"Okay, I guess you could come with me to my human's place for a bit or we can wait in Tipsy's backyard," he offered.

"Or you two can stay here and we can have some family bonding," Titan said.

"Oh, well in that case then we're going to Tipsy's house. I'll waiting her yard until she gets back," Virgil said.

"What why? I thought we were having a moment," Titan meowed, heaving himself to his large white paws as well.

"Moment's over and you're kinda an asshole. You just impregnate she-cats then not care what happens to them? Mad dickish energy right there," Virgil said.

"Please stay for one night!" pleaded the old cat.

Virgil looked over at Remy, who is actually his half brother now that he thinks about it. Remy had an annoyed expression and was glaring at the black and white tom.

"Nope," Virgil said, strutting out of the alley with Remy right behind him.