Chapter Twenty-Eight[RQ]~ By Love, Not By Blood

This is short af

This is short af

Virgil sluggishly walked into the living room, his pawsteps heavy and eyelids heavier.

"The kits wearing you out?" someone asked from the couch.

Virgil looked up with tired eyes to see his father laying on the couch with his legs tucked underneath his body and tail curled around him.

"Shell, Marble, and Knight jumped up to the counter despite only being a month old. They couldn't get down so Logan, Patton, and I had to get the little brats down before they hurt themselves. I'll never understand how you managed to keep me under control," sighed Virgil, climbing up to the couch with his father.

"To be fair, you were a rather docile kit and only got into trouble when you wanted to or Remus dragged you into it. Also you're still a young cat taking care of three kittens. Not even a year old and already taking on such responsibility? No wonder you're exhausted," said his father.

"Mmmmmm, yeah," murmured Virgil, curling up next to his father's warm pelt.

Janus smiled as Virgil laid next to him, remembering when Virgil was only a kit and curling up next to him. Or how the tom kit would hid under his chest whenever there was a thunderstorm. Janus would have to coax him out of his fur after the storm past. They then had to cuddle for hours so Virgil could fully calm down, those moments being close to to his heart since they were just him and his son.

Janus was brought out of his reminiscing by a slight crash followed by the three mischievous kits running through the living room and up the stairs. That was quickly followed by Remus and Logan chasing after them, Logan stopping momentarily to look over at Janus and Virgil.

"He's sleeping. Let him rest," whispered Janus while curling his tail around his son.

Logan nodded and continued running, hurrying behind Remus up the stairs to catch the kits. Janus watched them leave before looking down at his kit, lovingly giving him a lick between the ears before laying his head down and resting his eyes as he listened to the distant sound of Logan and Remus trying to wrangle the newest additions.

So I'm gonna keep saying it until y'all actually do it; are ya gonna go look and vote on the Warriors AU you said you'd read? Because so far the only voters are me, myself, and MeridaFireSpirit

(Thank you by the way Merida, I appreciate you voting on my other story. You're an amazing being)

So imma wait till y'all read it.

Also I've decided what to do for 2k readers, so when we reach that many reads you'll be seeing a special chapter in celebration.

That's all from me. Go read Abhor. See ya next chapter