Chapter Fifteen~ Long Way From Home (Pt3)

Virgil and Remy were trotting across bright green grass beside tall wooden fences. Remy was scanning and observing the fences before stopping at one that was painted a dark brownish red color.

"Emile love, you there?" Remy called to someone over the fence.

Virgil heard scratching from the other side along with jingling before a cat suddenly appeared on top of the fence and leaped down to the other side. This cat was fluffy white with some tan markings and big blue eyes. They worn a pink collar with white lace bows and a little silver bell.

"Hello Remy. Whose this? He's not mine is he?" the cat asked followed by a tiny giggle.

"Please hon, if he was ours he would be with you," Remy scoffed, "No, this here is Virgil. He's lost his home and I offered to help him."

"Oh you poor little thing. Do you remember what your human's name was? I'm Emile by the way," the cat -Emile- said while looking at Virgil with pity in his blue eyes.

"I'm Virgil and my human's name is Thomas," Virgil said.

"Oh there are so many Thomases, do you know any of his friends or your friends who might be able to take you back home," asked Emile, his fluffy coat puffing up.

Virgil thought back to no one in particular, but he never had been out of the house since he got there. Then someone surfaced. A certain heterochromatic white she-cat to be specific.

"Yes, I know a she-cat named Tipsy who's owners, Joan and Talyn, know my owner. They might be able to help," Virgil said after a long pause.

"Oh I know them! Remy do you remember them too?" Emile squeaked, looking over at the brown tom.

"Sure do hon. Com'on Virgil, I'll take you over to their house where you can get their attention," Remy said, standing up.

"Okay. Thank you Emile!" Virgil called over his shoulder.

"You're quite welcome dear. See you soon Remy!" Emile called back before leaping back up to the fence and hopping over to his yard.

Virgil and Remy set off once again.

Emile's perty collar: