Chapter Fourteen~ Long Way From Home (Pt2)

Virgil woke up from his restless sleep to a soft tune being hummed by someone. Virgil popped his head up and rose to his paws to find the hummer. It didn't take long as a brown and dark brown cat came trotting across the side walk, humming then singing a song.

"How the wind feels on my cheeks. When I'm barking at the moooooon. There is no home like the one you've got, cause that home belongs to you. Whoo-whoo here I come! Whoo-whoo back to you! There is no home like the one you've got, cause that home belongs to you," they sang softly as they paraded down the sidewalk, walking with high proud legs and bouncing their head to the song.

Virgil tilted his head as the cat approached him, curious as to what they was doing out here even though they clearly had a owner by the looks of their black and white collar.

"E. . . excuse me?" Virgil said, catching the cat's attention.

"Well what's a pretty lookin' house cat like you doin' out here?" the cat chuckled, looking at him with bluish or greenish grey eyes.

"You're out here," Virgil pointed out.

"Well you got me there. But I happen to be visiting a close friend of mine and I'm used to wandering alone hun," the cat laughed.

"You're right. I'm lost. I fell from my human's window then chased a butterfly before ending up here. I'm Virgil by the way," huffed Virgil.

"Remy, pleased to meet you Virgil. How's about you come with me to my friend's home and we both can help you get back home? Sound good gurl?" the new cat offered, flicking his skinny tail.

"Okay. Thank you Remy," Virgil bounced over to the cat and the two started walking down the sidewalk together, Remy continuing to sing his cheery song as they traveled.

I'm working on a big project for this account so y'all keep an eye out for it.

Here's Remy's collar.