Chapter Thirty-Four[RQ]~ Comfort Kits

I'm gonna tweak the request a bit to fit with an old idea

Nico and Loki are 6 weeks old

"Loki where are we going?" a small black kit asked his brother as they wandered down the large hallway.

"Well Nico, Uncle Remus said do whatever we want, so I'm going to find we're they hide the soft white stuff that's always rolled up for us to play with," the white and black tom answered.

"You know dad and dada will be angry if we do that," said Nico as they passed a partially opened doorway.

"Then we'll just blame Uncle Remus. What's that noise?" Loki backed up and looked inside the doorway, Nico jumping on top of him and looking inside.

In the room they saw their owner sitting on his bed with a blanket draped around his shoulders. He was crying with tears running down flushed cheeks, his flat shiny device laying on the ground near the bed.

"Should we check on him?" Loki asked while tilting his head up to look at his twin.

"It only seems right. He sounds so heart broken," replied Nico, jumping over his brother and walking over to the edge of the bed. Loki followed right behind, the two jumping up and sinking their claws into the sheets as they climbed up to the top of the bed. They tumbled over one another at the top, drawing the attention of their owner who sniffed.

"Hey Loki, hey Nico, guess you heard me huh?" he said while wiping his eyes with the back of his hand.

The kittens mewed, waddling over to him on the uneven surface then crawling into his lap. Thomas stroked the tiny fuzzballs' backs, his tears stopping for the moment as the kittens tried to climb up his shirt. He chuckled slightly, picking them both up and holding to his cheeks.

"You two probably don't understand what's going on," he said as they gave him tiny lick on his cheeks.

Nico mewed quietly while Loki took advantage of his spot by Thomas' ear and meowed into it, causing the man to chuckle then pull the kitten away because damn was it a high pitched meow. They snuggled up in his arms, looking up at him with green and blue eyes, as if asking him to talk about what was wrong.

"Well, someone I liked didn't like me anymore. And it's sad, I really liked him," he sighed, Loki rubbing his face against Thomas' chest.

"You two somehow mange to make it a little better though. With your cute kisses and cuddles. What would I do without you guys," he continued, Nico and Loki falling asleep on his chest as he laid against the pillows behind him.

Breakups may not be easy, but in Thomas' case, kittens always seem to make things a little bit better.

So wez coming up on 3k readers because I keep publishing and y'all keep reading. For it I've decided to do a Q and A with me and the cats. You can ask the cattos questions and they'd answer or you can ask me questions and I'll answer. That's what I'll do for 3k readers.