11

11

James sat crossed legged on the grass in the Quad, pretending to pay attention to the text and notes she had spread out around her. She had her coffee and the sun was shining. Its a good day for some recon. She mused as she kept her eyes on all that was going on around her. She loved days like this. When she could laze around outside, but still feel like she was accomplishing something.

People called out and waved as they passed her, but no one came over. They all knew James and how she liked to keep to herself. She never gave off a snobbish vibe, she was friendly with everyone and was always there to answer any question any of her classmates had. But she never crossed over to friendship with anyone, and they all respected her need for privacy.

She spotted a tall blond making his way across the grass in her direction. He was tall, tanned, blonde and definitely some eye candy to keep her entertained while she was stuck here for the majority of the day. He sat down under a tree a little in front of her and pulled out a laptop from his messenger bag. He leaned back and set it on his lap. Looks like he is settling in, just like me. Well this day seems to be getting better.

James spotted some of the people she was hoping to see and started making note of who they were talking to and who had joined their group at the picnic tables. Just as she was about to pull out her phone to take some pictures, when she noticed movement by the tree. She looked over to see her eye candy had somehow multiplied and now there were two of him. She had to blink a few times and do a couple of double takes before it clicked that laptop boy had a twin. Jesus, there is two of him. That's a lot of hotness.

Twin 2 sat down and leaned back on his elbows with his head turned to the side to say something to Twin 1. T1 smiled and chuckled softly to himself as he shook his head. James strained to hear what they were saying, but they were talking too low to catch anything. Totally abandoning her actual purpose of being there, she turned all of her attention to the two under the tree. She was looking for something that could help her tell them apart. They seemed to be identical in every way. She had never come across twins who were so similar in appearance. They even had the same haircut. They looked to have completely different styles in clothing though. T1 was wearing a pair of vintage wash jeans with a Stan Lee commemorative t-shirt and a pair of black chucks. And T2 was decked out in dark wash cuffed jeans with a wallet chain hanging from his right pocket, a snug black v-neck t-shirt and black motorcycle boots. Guess this is how I'll be able to tell them apart. Wait, why do I need to tell them apart? She was confusing herself now. First it was Marc, then Axel, now she was all about T1 and T2 over there. Maybe I should take a cue from Sang and get away for a while.

As she got lost in her confused thoughts, she realized she was still staring at T2, and T1 was now watching her. Well, shit. She looked away quickly and blushed. Way to keep under the radar James. She peeked over to see if he had stopped watching her and made eye contact with two pairs of beautiful blue eyes. Wow, was all she could think as she blushed even deeper and tried to salvage her calm somehow. T2 smiled and chuckled quietly, then winked at her. She tried to play it cool and smiled back, but she was pretty sure it came across as an embarrassed kind of grimace. T1 now started to laugh and called out.

"Hi, want to join us?"

James looked around to see if he was actual talking to her. There is no way he would call someone like me over to sit with them. These two were like a pair of Abercrombie models. T2 laughed a little louder.

"We're talking to you gorgeous." He waved her over.

James gathered all her things in her bag and stood up to walk over. She was wondering what they wanted. She was pretty sure that she had never seen either one. So, they couldn't be needing help with the lectures she was in. She figured they were just looking for directions or were going to ask why she was staring at them like some kind of creeper. She really hoped it was the former.