14

A/N

Okay guys, just wanted to write a little note to say thanks to all of you for reading. I love reading your comments. I also wanted to take the time to send a shout out to @isahogue. You were the first to comment and really made me want to keep going. Thanks so much for taking the time. I hope you're still enjoying. xx

Krys

14

        Owen and Sang were just heading home from their day out together when they got the message from Axel. It came through as urgent but not an emergency. Owen frowned at the phone and looked over at Sang, "Will you check to see what Mr. Toma needs love?"

        Sang smiled over at him and brought up the message.

Axel: Owen, I was wondering if my team and I could arrange a meeting with you this evening to discuss a mutual acquaintance.

        Sang frowned after she had read the message out loud for Owen. "I'm not sure who he could be talking about. Do you think it has to do with The Academy?" She looked over at Owen and he was frowning also.

"I'm not sure, my love. I would have thought he would have signalled us if it was Academy business. But I do know they are on campus for a mission from The Academy. Dr. Roberts has already reached out to ask if we could give them any assistance they needed."

"Weird, I don't think we have any mutual acquaintances outside of The Academy. Do you want me to reply?"

"Yes please. Just let him know that we will be able to confirm if our team is available after we get home. But please ask him if he can clarify what the meeting pertains to."

    Sang giggled. She loved the way Owen got all "Mr. Blackbourne" when he was trying to work something out. She leaned over and kissed him softly on the cheek. "There are so many reasons I love you Mr. Blackbourne."

          Owen smiled and looked over at Sang he reached out to grab her hand and rub his thumb across it softly. "It's been over 4 years now and you are still the best thing to have ever happened to us Dove. I love you."

        Sang smiled up at him and grabbed his phone to reply to Axel.

Owen: Hey Axel, it's Sang. Owen is driving right now. We are headed home, so we should be able to let you know who is around for tonight. Is there anything you can tell us now or anything we need to know before we get there.

It only took a minute to answer. Sang was surprised. He must be anxious to talk to us.

Axel: Hey Sang, nothing serious. We were just wondering if you guys were available to talk about James Voronoy.

Sang sucked in a breath. She grabbed Owens hand and he looked over with worry filling his eyes.

"What is it Sang. Why are you upset?"

"He said they want to discuss James. How do they know who she is Owen? I hope she's ok. Just wait a minute I have to be sure."

"I'm sure it's fine love. If something had happened I'm sure he would have said something."

        Owen frowned as his mind wondered to the bird the boys and Sang had become friendly with. He knew she was hiding something, but he had a pretty good idea it wasn't anything that could hurt him or his family. He had met her quite a few times when Sang and Silas had brought her around the house and Diner. All the boys had taken her under their wing. Like a little sister.

He had watched her and knew that she knew about their family and the love all the boys shared with Sang. She had never judged them or made negative comments about them. In fact she seemed to be in awe of the love they shared. And he had seen how she adored Sang and never tried to take advantage of her big heart. That fact alone had ingratiated her into his life. She had always managed to keep a good distance between herself and their family, but he never got a bad feeling from her or her intentions. She just seemed a little broken and maybe a little lost. Sang was always talking about how she wished James would open up to her so she could help. But that was just like his Dove. Always worried about others more than herself.