16

Raven had handed over the keys to the SUV to Corey. He knew he wasn't in a good enough place to drive and not get them killed. He had stopped Corey on the way out and let him know they had to make a stop before he got to his malenkiy voin. Corey looked at him questioningly but didn't ask. He knew that Raven was on edge and needed him to just trust him in that moment. Corey nodded and got behind the wheel.

As soon as they pulled out of their driveway, he turned to Raven to ask where they needed to go. Raven told him he needed to stop at the local grocery store. Corey was yet again confused but kept quiet and drove them there. It was pretty close by so only took a couple of minutes. Raven hopped out and ran into the store before Corey had even put the truck into park. He decided to wait for him in the truck.

Raven jumped back in a few minutes later with a bag full of fruit cups. Corey started to laugh, knowing what that meant to the Russian. He threw the truck into drive and headed out to meet up with his brothers at James'.

        As soon as Corey parked in the visitor parking of James' building Raven jumped out and raced to the lobby. He looked around for his brothers, only spotting an old guy in a uniform coming towards him. He stiffened not knowing what he was going to do if this mudak (asshole) asked him to leave. He braced for a fight as Corey reached him at the same time as the old guy.

"How can I help you boys tonight?" The old guy asked warily. Corey could understand his apprehension. On his best day, Raven was intimidating, and right now his big Russian lover was wound tight and looked ready to tear apart the building to find James.

"Hi, we're actually here to visit a friend. Ms James Maxwell." Raven frowned at Corey, but only because he hadn't taken the time to read the text Axel had sent them regarding James' alias she had used to purchase her condo.

        The Doorman smiled at Corey and said "Oh ya, your buddies just went up and let me know you were going to be arriving soon. I will swipe you up to Ms. Maxwell's floor. I'll tell you, just like I told your buddies. You'll have to get Ms. Maxwell to swipe her key card when you want to leave. Her floor is secure and there is no access to or from without the key card." He gestured toward the elevator banks and swiped his card as he chose the twelfth floor. He smiled and walked back to his station by the door.

       Corey looked over at Raven, just to make sure he was still holding it together. He threaded his hand in his and squeezed, hoping to reassure him that everything was going to work out. They would make sure of it. Raven looked over and smiled his thanks.

Just then the elevator dinged their arrival and Raven felt his breath leave his body. This is it. Moy malenkiy voin is just on the other side of these doors. He looked down took a deep breath and started forward out of the elevator. Just as he looked up, his heart stuttered as he saw her standing in front of him. She was facing away from him as she seemed to be leading his brothers into her place, but he knew it was her.

His voice cracked and strained as he said "Moya malenkaya boginya voin, eto ty?"

       She froze and slowly turned. He was completely floored and his heart actually skipped beats as he made contact with the most incredible eyes he had ever seen in his life. His eyes teared up yet again and he stepped toward her as she whispered "Moy voron?" His whole world came into focus as she said his name. His heart filled with love. He knew he had loved her, but he had never realised how much of him had been missing before he had seen her again. Just as he reached out to pull her to him, she collapsed. Axel and Marc jumped forward to catch her as Brandon shouted her name. Raven panicked and rushed forward to rip her away from his brothers. Her small, soft body fit perfectly in his arms as he hugged her to him. He called to her and begged her to open her eyes. He looked up at his brothers with terror taking over. "What is wrong with her? Fix it Axel, fix her!" He was yelling by the end and the boys all crowded around to comfort him and try and check on James.