12

12

        As James reached the door for Axels lecture hall, she realised she was nervous. This is ridiculous, I have nothing to be nervous about. He's just a Professor like any other..... just way hotter. Crap, I'm screwed. She took a deep breath, and walked in with her head down, hoping to not be noticed. What she wasn't expecting, was Axel to be standing near the door greeting his students as they came in.

"Hello James. It's good to see you again."

James whipped her head up in surprise and choked a little on the words trying to come out of her mouth.

"H....h.....hello Prof Toma. It's good to see you too. I hope you had a good day." Jesus, shut up James! Stop rambling and go and find a seat. James blushed and rushed past him to find a seat near to the front. She was hoping nobody had noticed her stumbling and blushing. She would never live it down. Thankfully it seemed the hall was pretty empty. She had decided to arrive a little early to get herself used to being around Axel again. She knew that she would have to get over this little attraction if she was going to make it through the term with him. She had this course twice a week and it was absolutely needed if she was going to finish her thesis and get her doctorate.

James heard laughing coming from the doorway and turned to see who had made Axel laugh like that. Not because she was jealous or anything, just curious. That was her story and she was sticking to it.

She was shocked to see her gentle giant of a friend smiling at Axel with a mischievous twinkle in his eye. They were acting way too friendly to not know each other. Does Silas know Axel? Shit, is he Academy? God, I hope not. This could be so bad. James was now having a mini panic attack when Silas turned and made eye contact. He smiled his huge warm smile and called out to her.

"Mikro poulaki (little bird)! I hope you saved me a seat." Silas smiled warmly at her and James turned to make eye contact with Axel. He was looking at her with curiosity and what almost seemed like jealousy. But that wasn't possible. There was no way Axel could actually be jealous of Silas knowing her. This vivid imagination thing is going to get me in serious trouble one day. James cursed under her breath and kept telling herself to stop reading into things. She needed to start socialising more. Her ability to read people used to be a lot better.

Silas turned to say something to Axel, which he seemed to ignore, and then made his way down to her. James couldn't break eye contact with Axel and was a little wary as to how the guys knew each other. As Silas sat, she turned and gave him a smile.

         "Pos eisai file mou (how are you my friend)?" James couldn't help but smile when Silas lit up. He loved it when she spoke in his mother tongue. She knew that he missed some things from home. After knowing North and Silas for some time she had made it seem like she was learning Greek and needed their help.

She had actually felt guilty about them not knowing she understood when they talked to each other. She couldn't keep going with them having private conversations in front of her. Especially when they started to talk about their intimate time with Sang. That had gotten awkward quickly and it was too much work to try not to blush at what they were saying.

         Sang had asked James if she could take some time to help her learn a little of the language. She hadn't asked North because she wanted it to be a surprise for both him and Silas. James had let her know that she was happy to help as soon as Sang was ready.

         "Eimai poly mikro pouli. Chairomai pou se vlepo (I am well little bird. Happy to see you)." Silas said with affection. He had a soft spot for the mysterious bird they had met last year. He knew there was something going on with her that she wouldn't share with his family. But he was hoping that keeping her close would help her finally trust them enough to open up. He knew James was a sweet girl with some dark secrets. He thought of her as the little sister he never had.