Chapter 6: Know

Chapter 6: Know

Taehyung can't believe it, he got blackmailed. He flinched when he heard the door open from downstairs, he was biting his lips while his heart beating so fast. He was holding his breath, scared of who was in the house.

He heard someone was holding the doorknob of his room. When the door of his room opened, he sighed in relief when he saw who was it.

"Mom" Taehyung uttered.

He stood up, hugging her tightly.

"What's wrong, son? What happened to you?" Nara asked confused.

Taehyung pulled away looking at her.

"Nothing mom, I just thought someone came in." Taehyung sighed.

"I'm sorry for scaring you, anyways, why didn't you eat the food I left for you?" Nara asked worriedly.

"I'm not hungry, yet, mom." Taehyung replied.

"Is that because you still blaming yourself because of what happened? Are trying to punish yourself?" Nara asked worriedly.

"No, mom, I just don't want to eat. I'm fine." Taehyung retorted.

"If that's what you say, I'll prepare a meal, come eat with us, okay?" Nara smiled

"Okay, mom." Taehyung sighed.

Nara was about to leave but Taehyung remembered something.

"Mom, wait!" Taehyung uttered holding his mom's wrist.

"Yes? What is it? Do you need something?" Nara inquired.

"Wuh-where did you go?" Taehyung stuttered.

"Meeting with the CEO of Celestial company." Nara replied.

"What you two talked about?" Taehyung asked letting go of her wrist.

"It's nothing, I don't want to tell you. It will add pressure to you." Nara stated worriedly.

"No, it's okay mom. Tell me, please." Taehyung begged.

"It's about setting up a contract marriage between you and his stepson." Nara replied.

Taehyung can't believe it, his stalker wants to get married to him? How insane.

"Your dad told him that he won't accept it. But they keep insisting to force you. And your dad was planning to cut off his contract with that company so they will stop bothering us." Nara explained.

"A-accept it, mom." Taehyung suddenly replied.

"What? What did you say?" Nara asked shocked.

"Please, mom, accept it instead." Taehyung said looking straight at her.

"Are you insane? Do you hear what you're saying right now? Why do you want to marry someone you don't even know? What if he hurt you? What will you do, huh?!" Nara bombarded him with questions.

"Just do it, mom. I'm not a kid, I know what I'm doing, please mom, accept it." Taehyung pleaded.

"Taehyung" Nara muttered worriedly looking at her son.

"Please" Taehyung mumbled.

Nara sighed in defeat, she knew she can't stop him.

"Fine, I'll tell that to your dad. But if something or someone bothering you, it's better if you tell it to us, okay?" Nara said smiling at him.

Taehyung simply nodded his head, smiling fakely. Nara pecked his forehead before she left. Tears fell on Taehyung's eyes. He never lied to them but he can't help to do it.

When the night comes, Taehyung was ready to sleep. He took his phone and noticed he was mentioned to something. He clicked it and saw a video posted by someone with no profile. The video was about the truth behind the fake news of him bullying Chua. He sat down on his bed, looking through the comments.

He was sure that this video was used as evidence to show that he wasn't guilty of bullying. A smile plastered on his lips, he was glad his name was clean.

The next day

Taehyung woke up due to the knocking sound. He stood up from his bed and opened the door.

"Yes, mom?" Taehyung asked yawning.

"Take a bath and go downstairs, we have visitors." Nara responded while standing in front of Taehyung.

"Okay." Taehyung replied smiling a bit.

His mom left, he closed the door and did what his mom told him. He took a bath and wore something comfortable. He didn't wear his huge round glasses since he was in their house.

When he was done, he went downstairs. He saw his parents were sitting in the living room with one man in front of them. But what confuses him is the silence filled the house which was very unusual for Taehyung since his parents were very talkative people.

"He's here, come and take a seat here." SimJae started and pointed to the vacant seat beside his wife.

Taehyung obeyed him, sitting on the vacant seat while fidgeting his fingers and biting his bottom lip.

"Hi, I'm Shin Rae, and it's nice to meet you." Rae introduced himself.

"I'm Kim Taehyung, it's nice to meet you too." Taehyung introduced himself back and bowed his head showing respect.

"Since you're here already, my son is coming, he told me that he was near just something happened." Rae uttered.

Taehyung simply hums in response. His heart was beating so fast, he doesn't know but he felt odd. He was still trying to find what was happening. His parents were not even smiling but glaring at the visitor.

Suddenly, his thoughts were interrupted when the door was opened, revealing Jungkook. His eyes widened seeing the person on the door. He still can't believe why Jungkook was in the door.

"Oh, he's here." Rae said.

Jungkook snickered winking at Taehyung and sat down beside his stepdad. Taehyung swallowed down while looking at Jungkook. He can't help but felt nervous.

"He's Jeon Jungkook." Rae uttered.

"What's your reason for marrying my son?" SimJae asked straightforward.

"What do you mean by that question? Of course, I'm interested in him." Jungkook snickered.

"Are you interested in him or it's just part of some stupid deals in your class? If that's just a deal, please back off with this arrangement I don't want you to hurt my son." SimJae stated.

"You should be glad someone was interested in your son. Actually, no one likes him." Jungkook grinned.

"You!"

"I guess you want the consequence if you back off with this proposal, do you?" Jungkook smirked but glared at him.

Taehyung's hands were balled in a fist trying to control his anger.