Chapter 16: Secret room

Taehyung felt giving up on his investigation. He just realize that Jungkook was spying on him from the start with the ring he was wearing.

He was blaming himself if something happened to Mrs. Erian. He was in his room crying for being stupid. Now he knows why Jungkook doesn't want him to remove the ring on his finger.

He stood up, wiping out his tears. He opened the door of his room, he saw Jungkook put down his phone on the counter and left. Taehyung took his own phone and went downstairs.

He was thirsty that's why he wants to get water. He opened the fridge and pour the water on the glass. He put his phone on the counter too to drink properly.

But his phone got a notification the same as Jungkook. He ignored it for a while, however, his phone got another notification but he was confused when Jungkook's phone did the same.

He tried to call someone on his phone and he got frozen when Jungkook's phone also rang. He answered the calls from Jungkook to see if his suspicion was right.

"Hello, Taehyung, son why did you call?"

He heard his mom's voice on Jungkook's phone. He can't believe it, he doesn't know what he should trust in Jungkook's property. He turn off his phone and went upstairs after hearing Jungkook's voice echo through the house.

He sat down on his bed looking at his phone and ring. Everywhere he go, Jungkook was everywhere, now he understand what Yula was trying to say to him.

It was 2 am, he was thinking about what he should do. He can't sleep because of what he just found out. He stood up, went inside the bathroom, and remove his ring from his finger.

He silently went out of his room, roaming around the house. It was so silent and no one was inside the house. He just notice there was a library, he got inside since he was interested in reading books.

He was choosing some books, but he noticed the one shelf that was very different from others. The height is just the same as the door unlike the other shelf since they were taller and huge. He went there to check out some interesting books.

He was basing the books he likes on their titles. But when he pulled the little book, he got confused because it didn't move, he flinched when the shelf moved instead.

Due to his curiosity, he walked inside, the hallway was just good for one person. He continued to walk inside and saw the door, he held the doorknob and twist it.

When he got inside, the lights turns on, and saw 8 cells with 7 people inside them. They were wearing gowns and some of them were different colors. He was sure the colors have their own meaning. He fell to the ground due to shock.

"Please, help us!"

"Set us free!"

Taehyung was frozen, cold sweat forming on his forehead. He saw how they were desperate to be free. Two guys and 6 girls were the prisoners.

"We're begging you, help us to come out from that devil!"

Their cries were echoing through Taehyung's ears.

"Don't you know curiosity can kill?"

His shocked eyes turn into frightened eyes when he heard Jungkook's voice. He slowly turned his head seeing Jungkook standing behind him. He looks so unbothered with their cries.

"Wuh-what's this Jungkook?!" Taehyung inquired gritting his teeth but he was nervous.

Jungkook squat down behind him, his hand was on Taehyung's shoulder.

"Do you want to be like them? I can afford gown for you." Jungkook uttered venomously.

Taehyung doesn't want to be in their situation, he hates to get locked in one place.

"Answer me" Jungkook repeated while gritting his teeth.

"I-I don't want to be like them. I'm sorry." Taehyung muttered.

"But don't you think you will look beautiful wearing a gown?" Jungkook snickered.

Taehyung immediately shooked his head in disapproval. He turned around looking at Jungkook with his timid teary eyes.

"Nuh-no, please, I'm begging you, I'll do anything just not to be in their situation. I'm sorry, I just accidentally found out about this place while I'm looking for books. I didn't mean to find this, trust me." Taehyung begged while clutching his hands were on Jungkook's shoulder.

"No! Don't beg at him! That would be useless! He won't listen to you!"

"He's heartless! He will just use you!"

Jungkook cupped his cheeks, his thumbs were caressing Taehyung's cheeks, wiping out of his tears.

"How can I trust you if I told you not to remove this ring yet you still removed it?" Jungkook uttered pulling out the ring and showing it to Taehyung.

"I-I'm sorry, I forgot to wear it when I removed it." Taehyung stuttered hoping Jungkook would believe in him.

"But I'm really interested to see you wearing a gown." Jungkook grinned.

Taehyung was shaking his head, he was sobbing that's why he can't coherent a proper word. His hands were still clutching on Jungkook's collar.

"Alright, love, will you just promise me that you won't remove this ring on your beautiful finger, hm?" Jungkook asked making Taehyung look at him by lifting his chin.

Taehyung nodded his head rapidly.

"Yes, I promised that, trust me." Taehyung muttered looking at Jungkook with hoping eyes.

"Once you remove this, I will make sure you will wear the most elegant and beautiful gown among them. And will have the worst cell." Jungkook said grabbing Taehyung's hand.

He slid the ring on his finger and pecked it while looking at him.

"Tuh-thank you, Jungkook, thank you for the second chance." Taehyung smiled bitterly.

"Now, why don't you sleep? It's already late." Jungkook said and injected something into Taehyung's neck.

Taehyung's sight became blurry until he fell asleep. Jungkook caught him, he stood up carrying Taehyung. He carefully carried him and left the secret room, he closed the door and brought him to his room.

He laid down Taehyung on the bed and covered him with a soft fluffy blanket.

"Sleep well, love, let's just talk tomorrow." Jungkook uttered pecking the top of Taehyung's head.

He left him alone in the room and go somewhere.