Chapter 22: Arrested

Taehyung was waiting for the warrant of arrest, Shakira told him that the police were preparing to arrest Jungkook, they already had the warrant of arrest.

He was currently eating with Jungkook in the house. It just silence filled them. While eating, Taehyung received a message from his informant. It was addressed, he rapidly sent it to Shakira.

"I'll wash the dishes." Taehyung uttered.

He grabbed the plates and utensil. He set it on the sink, turned on the water, and started to wash.

He flinched when someone barged inside. It was Bogum with the police.

"Jeon Jungkook, we have a warrant of arrest for you." Bogum announced showing the warrant of arrest to him.

Bogum told his colleagues to search the house. The police started to roamed around the house and flipped anything to make sure to find the secret room.

"What was this for, office?" Jungkook asked with his hands in his pocket.

"We have an informant that you have been hiding an innocent people in your house. And they were the missing people, it's been 5 years and we finally can arrest you now." Bogum said gritting his teeth.

"Sir, we found them here! Help us!"

One of the police yelled from upstairs where the library was. Suddenly, the FBI came and help those victims. 

"You're the worst human!" Bogum yelled.

"Sir, we found an illegal secret room for guns! There are so many here!"

"You fucked up so bad" Bogum smirked.

Jungkook simply ignored him, he went to Taehyung who was in the kitchen. Taehyung moves backward while gulping.

"Don't go near to him! I'll shoot you!" Bogum yelled pointing a gun at him.

However, Jungkook didn't mind him and pulled out something in his pocket but Bogum shot his left arm causing Taehyung to gasp.

"I told you don't you dare to do anything to him!" Bogum warned.

Jungkook glared at him, he grabbed Taehyung's hand and put the necklace in his hand.

"I'm hopeless, I thought you will remember but I failed. Keep this or if you want you can throw it away. Maybe, you will remember one day. But for today, thank you for everything, love." Jungkook smiled.

He pecked Taehyung's forehead and walked in front of Bogum who hand cupped his hands.

"Taehyung, let's go." Shakira said and dragged him out of the house.

When Taehyung was outside, he saw Jungkook was inside of the police car, he was doing nothing. He takes a look at the necklace.

He can't believe it, his eyes went teary when he saw what was inside the necklace

He can't believe it, his eyes went teary when he saw what was inside the necklace. He was sure he was the one baby in the picture. And one baby was his childhood bestest best friend.

"Kookie" Taehyung muttered.

He glance at Jungkook until the police drove away.

"Taehyung, son" Nara uttered and hugged him tightly.

"Mom" Taehyung sobbed on Nara's shoulder.

"It's okay, you're safe now. Everything is fine." Nara said in a calm tone caressing his back.

On the other hand, Jimin, Yoongi, Namjoon, Jin, and Hoseok also got arrested in the secret building. They were surprised when the FBI barged inside that's why they can't do anything but surrender.

The victims got free and they were brought to the medical center for a check-up. There are 37 of them, 21-28 years old are their estimated age except for Mrs. Erian and Aileen who were found in the cell without the source of lights and windows.

They will be going to be put in the witness area before they go back to their normal life.

Meanwhile, Taehyung was in their house, he was sitting on the couch while his parent was talking with the police.

"Taehyung, what's wrong?" Nara asked noticing something was off to him.

Taehyung simply gave the necklace that Jungkook gave to him. Nara confusedly take a look at it and she was surprised.

"You found your childhood best friend? Where is he? Is he one of Jungkook's victims?" Nara inquired worriedly.

"He's not mom, he is Jungkook." Taehyung sobbed.

"What? That can't be real. Tuh-that's a lie." Nara stuttered.

" I don't want to believe either mom, but he has that necklace. Kookie is only the one who got something like that. He gave that to me before he surrender himself." Taehyung retorted.

"Why did he change like that? How did he become the worst? What happened to him? He's so sweet and soft back then but why did it happen to him?" Nara asked with tears falling in her eyes.

She can't help but felt pity for Jungkook. She took care of him but she didn't expect that he will turn out like that after they leave south Korea.

Jungkook was with his hyungs, they were hand cupped while the police were trying to block the reporters.

"How did they know about this, Jungkook?" Jin asked.

"It was his fault, he treat that nerd differently from the others and now he fucked up." Yoongi retorted.

"Did you tell him about that secret building? You're so stupid!" Jimin yelled frustratedly.

"I didn't tell anything to him, stop blaming me." Jungkook retorted.

"Then who tell him? Come on, Jungkook, you're the only one who can tell it to him. Why did you let him manipulate? You should have been locked him in the day he found out about the secret room in your house!" Jimin grumbled.

"I told you, I didn't do anything! Why would I tell him about my collection?" Jungkook replied.

"Stop that, we can't do anything about it." Namjoon uttered.

"Then who we should blame, huh?!" Jimin growled.

"I did" Hoseok confessed.

"What?" They all looked at him with shock.

"I felt guilty, I can't handle all of your craziness! The only thing I felt right now is happiness, they were free now! I have a conscience! I have a heart! I am human too!" Hoseok stated.

"You're happy? How about us? We'll be rotten in jail because of your selfishness!" Jimin groaned.

"I don't care If we have to pay for this! I want to change my life, I am your friend and I'm doing this because I care, I want all of us to change and have a better life. You will understand why I'm doing this. If you think I'm selfish, I don't care." Hoseok retorted.

They just went silent, Jimin simply tsked in frustration.