Chapted 21

~Same Night~

Elsa's POV:

Well... as much as I wanted to start on sides for the dinner, our son had other plans.

"Elsa! Alan is crying," Anna said.

"Okay, I'll be right there," I said. I put my apron back on the little hook we have in the kitchen. I walked out of the kitchen and towards Anna. She had reappeared from wherever she was and came to pick him up. After being with him for maybe five minutes he began his crying.

"What is wrong my baby?" I asked knowing I won't get a reply. He only cried still.

"What were you doing in the kitchen dear?" Mother asked.

"I was going to start on sides while Jack started on the burgers and hotdogs," I said rocking Alan trying to get him to calm down.

"Oh... well I'm sure your father and I can help with that, and possibly Anna," she said. I smiled.

"That would really be helpful. But you really don't need to. I'm sure Alan's just tired," I said not wanting my guests to make their own food.

"Darling, it's the least we can do. You have a little one to look after now. Let us help you tonight," mother said. I sighed but nodded.

"Wait what? I have to help make the sides? But I don't even know how to cook," Anna said.

"That's why I'm here," mother said. Anna pouted but nodded. Mother chuckled.

Alan's cries weren't as bad because I was rocking him side to side the entire time talking to my mother.

I walked to his room seeing that everything seemed to be under control in the kitchen.

Once I arrived in his room. I checked if he pooped in his diaper. Nope. No poop and no pee.

I started to hum to try and calm him down more. Maybe he just wants attention... but he was getting attention from my parents and Anna?

"Are you hungry?" I asked. I tried feeding him but he was not wanting to eat. So... I decided to keep walking around the room rocking him side by side.

I kept humming the song mother used to sing to Anna and I. He slowly started to fall asleep. I didn't put him down until I knew he was asleep.

So I waited about fifteen minutes. I put him in his crib carefully and covered him up in his blankets.

I turned on the baby monitor. There's a camera in his room to let me know how he's doing periodically. I have it connected to my phone and Jack's.

I carefully and quietly closed the door from behind me then walked back towards the living room and kitchen.

"Elsie!" Someone exclaimed. I looked to see Sophie smiling at me. I smiled back at her.

"Hello Sophie! How are you?" I asked as I hugged her. I had bent down to her level too.

"I'm good. How are you Elsie?" She asked.

"I'm doing just fine sweetie. When did you get here?" I asked.

"Um... I think like twenty minutes ago," she thought with her hand under her chin in thought. I chuckled lightly.

"Okay. Did you want to help me in the kitchen?" I asked.

"What are you doing in the kitchen?" She asked.

"Probably help make food. Did you want to help us?" I asked.

"Um... I don't know what I'd be doing though," she said.

"I can find something for you to do but only if you want to help. You don't have to help sweetie," I said. I stroked her hair behind her ear, so I could see her cute green eyes.