Chapter 21

The applause as the Quidditch players, especially Gryffindors, entered the Great Hall was immense. Maddy was trying to clap herself, but her cast made it difficult. She was barely eating herself with all the excitement, she couldn't see how the players were fairing themselves.

She was donning a red Gryffindor t-shirt, with a large lion in the centre, supporting her father's old house. She always wanted to put Draco Malfoy in his place, and most of all, Professor Snivellus. She saw him sitting on the other side of the table, wearing green.

Minnie held Maddy's left hand as they climbed up to the Commentary Box. "Maddy will joining us today, Mr. Jordan," said Minnie.

Lee waved at her, which she returned. She went to his left, and Minnie went to his right, as he started his commentary as the Gryffindor team went on the pitch.

"And here are the Gryffindors! Potter, Bell, Johnson, Spinnet, Weasley, Weasley, and Wood. Widely acknowledged as the best team Hogwarts has seen in a good few years —"

The Slytherin's booed at that, with Snivellus in the very front.

"And here comes the Slytherin team, led by Captain Flint. He's made some changes to the lineup and seems to be going for size rather than skill —"

The Slytherins booed yet again, but Maddy could see his point. The only somewhat small person on the team was Malfoy, as the others were about quadruple her size.

The captains, Flint and Wood, shook hands, and Madam Hooch counted down before blowing her whistle. Maddy couldn't hear it over the cheers of the crowd.

Maddy rested her scorecard under her cast, until Minnie stuck it onto the pole in front of her. She paid attention to every detail. It was easy with Lee screaming everything into her ear.

"And it's Gryffindor in possession, Alicia Spinnet of Gryffindor with the Quaffle, heading straight for the Slytherin goalposts, looking good, Alicia! Argh, no — Quaffle intercepted by Warrington, Warrington of Slytherin tearing up the field —WHAM!— nice Bludger work there by George Weasley, Warrington drops the Quaffle, it's caught by-Johnson, Gryffindor back in possession, come on, Angelina— nice swerve around Montague— duck, Angelina, that's a Bludger! – SHE SCORES! TEN-ZERO TO GRYFFINDOR!"

Angelina punched the air, and a great deal of cheering was heard from the scarlet section of the crowd. That was, until Marcus Flint went smashing into her.

THAT'S FOUL! Maddy signed vigorously, completely disregarding her right arm. The crowd's boos made her realise that she wasn't alone with that thought.

She heard Flint apologizing to the crowd, when Fred chucked his bat at the back of Flint's head. He turned just as it came spiraling towards him. It hit him square in the nose, and it started to bleed.

"That will do!" yelled Madam Hooch. Maddy could hear her voice clearly as she zoomed towards them. "Penalty shot to Gryffindor for an unprovoked attack on their Chaser! Penalty shot to Slytherin for deliberate damage to their Chaser!"

Maddy could see Fred yelling something at her, but Madam Hooch ignored it and Alicia surged forward to take the penalty.

"Come on, Alicia!" Lee's voice was the only one in the stadium. "YES! SHE'S BEATEN THE KEEPER! TWENTY–ZERO TO GRYFFINDOR!"

Flint went to take his penalty, blood still running down his face. Maddy gave him credit for that. Just seeing this made her want to join the team, or just fly when her arm's healed.

" 'Course, Wood's a superb Keeper!" Lee told the audience. "Superb! Very difficult to pass — very difficult indeed — YES! I DON'T BELIEVE IT! HE'S SAVED IT!"