Chapter 23

Maddy couldn't see where Snape was leading her. Tears obstructed her view, and she couldn't sign with him holding her wrist. She briefly wondered if this is what an abduction was like. Keany couldn't do anything to help her, as Snape was a teacher.

Maddy kept wiping the tears with the back of her left hand, and tried to steady her breathing, but it didn't seem to be working. Snape had yet to notice her distress, and she doubted he would, as she couldn't make noise.

When Maddy was finally able to see a bit, she noticed they were rushing outside towards the Whomping Willow. She could barely keep up with Snape as he ran, sort of dragging her behind him. She was a little more than the height of his elbow, and Snape seemed to have no grasp for her tiny size making her move slower.

They stopped abruptly, and Maddy stumbled forward and fell because of the quick momentum change. "Stupid, little Potter," he whispered, and picked up something silver on the ground. Maddy used her elbows to prop herself up and wiped her tears as she looked up at Snape's grim smile. "Ah, Miss Lupin," he said, "Do you have a clue what this is?"

Maddy examined what he was holding up, A cloak. She deduced.

"I'm not sure what you said, but this—this is an Invisibility Cloak. Potter's to be exact," He announced, "Now you and I are going to use this to sneak up on them."

Snape grasped Maddy's upper arm, and pulled her upward, causing her to stumble. He let go and grabbed her waist, and picked her up and settled her on his hip like a young child.

Maddy punched, kicked, and thrashed, trying to get him to put her down, but he just gave her a cold laugh, "You're very light," Snape observed, "Just shows how Lupin was not adept to take care of a child."

The comment sent Maddy ablazed, and smacked his nose as hard as she could, causing it to gush blood for the second time that night. Snape chose to ignore it, and threw the cloak over the two of them, and started to walk towards the Whomping Willow.

Snape and Maddy went into a tunnel, Maddy still thrashing like mad, hoping to get Snape to put her down.

"Be quiet, you insolent girl," he whispered, "They'll find us if you keep moving."

That was the motivation Maddy needed to continue her struggle. Snape held strong though, and just made his way down the tunnel as if he didn't notice the girl in his arm.

The tunnel seemed to last forever, and time was moving slower with every kick and punch Maddy was providing. She wasn't sure how much longer she could hold up, every punch and kick had less energy than the one before it, but it didn't matter how tired she was getting, she wasn't planning on stopping.

Snape noticed this change in aggression, "Finally getting tired?"

Maddy ignored him, and continued her blows. Gradually, they began to hear voices at the end of the hall. Snape took the hand he wasn't using to hold Maddy and brandished his wand.

"So that's why Snape doesn't like you," Maddy heard Harry begin. His voice was very close, and she stopped moving when she saw she was in a room with Harry, Ron, Hermione, her father, and a man she recognised from the newspaper to be Sirius Black. "Because he thought you were in on the joke?"

"That's right," sneered Snape. He lifted up his wand hand and sent the cloak flying off of them, and pointed his wand at her father.

Maddy, who had briefly stopped her struggle when they entered the room, did the only thing she could think of to force him to drop her. She kneed him right where the sun doesn't shine, and gracefully lept down as he doubled over.