C H A P T E R # 0 1

° ° °

° ° °

Varun Dhawan. The only owner of the dhawan empire, top dog of the business industry, self-obsessed, manwhore, womanizer. He went by many illegal names.

Alcoholic was one of them. He was a pure alcoholic, kind of man who spend time more at a bar than at home or office. Years of alcohol drinking had left his cheeks rosy and his mind dull-witted.

His father got him into this. Years of coming home and watching him drink the beer bottle empty inspired him. He wanted to know what was so great about the bottle that everybody seemed to consume.

So one day, he got his hands on them. He twist opened the bottle and took a little sip. The alcohol running through his throat left a burning sensation. A sensation for more.

He knew he shouldn't have tried but the addictive taste of the lethal drink lured him for more. Little did he knew that it was the beginning of his journey as alcoholic.

His friends. Well, friend. He wasn't the guy who liked having people around him. He always kept his circle small. The only person he trusted in this world was his friend Kartik Aaryan, who also worked under him at the dhawan empires.

Kartik is the most sensible guy you'll ever meet. He's the one who's been cleaning up Varun's mess till now. Whether it's business rivalries or social media controversies.

He wanted to change him, to make him a better person but for varun it was all impossible. He knew being alcoholic and a chain-smoker will get him nowhere because he had seen his father but still he couldn't leave any of this. It was all a part of his life now.

Drying out would be a painful process and he had no intention of going through it. He was determined to stay alcoholic until he die.

No matter how much he was into bad things, his punctuality was a thing to admire about. He liked doing things on time and expected others to do the same.

Walking into his huge empire, he was wearing his usual smirk,his hair properly gelled-up. He was wearing a neat pressed suit, the kind you only see on high priced lawyers or gangsters.

He went into his office, taking place on his king-sized chair before his assistant walked in with a cup of coffee in her hand.

"Here you go, sir!" she placed the coffee mug on the table in front of him, giving him a seductive smile to which he replied with a smirk.

His lust-filled eyes immediately turned into rage as he took the first sip of the coffee. He angrily looked at her making her frightened.

"What the hell is this?" he shouted at her.

She jumped in fear as she took a step back.

"I asked for an Irish-nut cappuccino. This is a plain cappuccino!" he yelled. His voice was audible to each and every worker outside but they didn't bother to look as it was a daily dose for them.

"I-I'm sorry sir. I didnt-" she couldn't complete.

"Sorry? There is no room for sorries in here. Looks like your coffee game isn't as good as your sex-game." he smirked at her, referring to the previous night as she looked down, embarrassed.

"You should change your clothes!" he told her and she gave him a confused look. Before she could further say anything he threw the coffee at her making her gasp.

"What the hell?" she tried wiping the coffee off her face.

"Don't bother baby. You're fired!" he again smirked at her. She looked at him with disgust before exiting the office.

"What the hell happened to her?" Kartik said coming into the office with some file in his hands and varun shrugged his shoulders, innocently.

"I need a new assistant." Varun told him and he gave him a wtf look.

"Ugh, Not again. Varun!" he threw his head backward in frustration.

"You fired her?" Kartik asked and he gave him a wide smile in reply.

"You're unbelievable! She joined the office a week ago." kartik said.

"Not my fault. She's not worth the position." varun replied.

"Not worth the position? Because you finally had sex with her and now she's of no use." kartik asked.

"That too. But she also don't know how to make a good coffee." he explained.

"Fuck!" kartik closed his eyes in annoyance.

"Here. Now. I mean I know I'm hot and everyone wants a piece of me but sorry to burst your bubble, I don't do gay shit." he smirked.

"You're disgusting, varun!" he yelled as varun laughed.

"Anyways, jokes apart. I really need a new secretary." he told him.

"So you can fire them again?" kartik rolled his eyes.

"Bro, you know I've anger-issues. I can't help it." he replied.

"Fine. I'll let Sara know. She'll short-list some people and then you can chose." kartik said.

"Uh-huh, not people. Women only." he grinned.

Kartik shook his head in disappointment before standing up from his position and making his way out of the office.

° ° °