C H A P T E R # 1 1

° ° °

° ° °

He walked into the building, holding hand of his five year old, avoiding every person's curiosity filled gaze. Unlike her father, Rhea was flashing everyone her wide goofy smile on the way to office.

The minute he entered his office, kartik barged in, with a furious look on his face. He looked at varun, then at Rhea and then at varun again.

"Are you kidding me? What the hell is she doing here?" he raised his voice slightly.

"That's a nice way to introduce yourself kartik." Varun moved towards Rhea who was struggling to sit on his king-sized chair and made her sit.

"Rhea, this is kartik. Daddy's friend." Varun told her and she waved at kartik with a soft smile. He couldn't help but wave back at her, awkwardly. Before he could confront varun further, shraddha entered the office.

"Sir, the clients are here." she told him and he nodded.

"Rhea, I have to go for a meeting. Stay here, okay?" he told her and Shraddha looked at both of them.

"I don't wanna stay alone. I'll get bored." she pouted as she got down from the chair and moved towards varun.

"Do you want hot chocolate?" he asked, picking her up in his arms and she nodded with excitement. Shraddha was both amazed and confused to see this site of him.

"Ms. Shraddha!" he looked at her as he put Rhea down.

"Yes, sir!" she replied.

"Order a hot chocolate for her and stay with her until I come back." he told her and she nodded.

"Kartik, let's go. Our clients must be waiting." by saying this both the men made their way towards the meeting room. Shraddha stared at Rhea silently for a minute before approaching her.

"Hey there!" she exclaimed, as she bent down to her level.

"I'm shraddha. What's your name?" she asked, politely.

"I'm Rhea Dhawan." she replied, and Shraddha was shocked upon hearing her last name.

"So, Varun sir is your dad?" she asked her, still not able to take in all this information. Rhea nodded.

"Alright. Let's order your hot chocolate. Do you want something else with it?" she asked and Rhea shook her head. After ordering a hot chocolate for Rhea, they both sat down on the couch.