C H A P T E R # 0 5

° ° °

° ° °

Finally the day he'd been dreading was here. Last night was the only one when he couldn't sleep due to nervousness. And this morning he couldn't halt the dawn ebbing it's gradual way into daylight.

His sixth sense was giving him the signal that he did something wrong and what's done cannot be undone. Due to all this chaos in his mind he couldn't think straight this morning.

He was losing the control so much that he put his mobile phone in the wrong pocket and then panicked when he couldn't find it.

His hands spread like a pale-starfish around the coffee-cup, and they were cold too, resisting the warmth that struggles to seep into them.

He pushed the breakfast away which was served to him by his servant. With his head buzzing with possibilities, there was no way on Earth he'd swallow a bite, let alone a whole plateful.

Wearing his usual black three piece, he ordered the driver to start the car as he sat in the passenger's seat. The whole ride was full of nail-biting, to him it felt like the route was much more longer than it was supposed to be.

His strong thoughts which led him to another world were broken by the vibration in his side pocket. He took his phone out and saw kartik's number flashing on the screen.

"Yes?" he attended the phone within seconds.

"It's 10:30! Where are you?" Kartik asked him.

"I'm on my way to someplace important." he replied as he put his shades on due to sharp rays of sunlight.

"What? You're not coming to office? But everyone's waiting for you." kartik almost yelled.

"Who's waiting for me?" varun asked him, confused.

"You organized an interview session, dickhead!" kartik reminded him, to which varun mentally slapped himself.

"Gosh. I forgot!" he closed his eyes in frustration.

"Seriously?" varun could feel kartik roll his eyes on the other side of the phone.

"I'll tell you what, tell Sara to conduct the interviews." varun told him.

"Sara? But you always choose your secretary by yourself. After all your taste in women is different from all of us." kartik replied.

"It's not a big deal kartik. Just tell her to select the hot one. It's that simple." by saying this he hung up the phone.

After forty-five minutes drive which felt like hours for him, they finally reached the orphanage where his lawyer was already standing outside, waiting for him.

"Can I come in, princess?" kartik knocked on the door of Sara's office.

"Ughh... Not again!" she rolled her eyes and motioned him to come in.