C H A P T E R # 2 0

° ° °

° ° °

It was a grand dinner but varun always priotize simplicity rather than anything. His only order for the night was just to keep it clean and simple. Usually, at dinners like these he would order all kind of alcoholic stuff but tonight it was different, because of Rhea.

He was getting ready in his bedroom for the dinner. He wore his usual black suit and kept his hair messy, as he liked it. Giving himself a last look in the mirror, he turned around to leave the room when his phone went off.

"Yeah?" he attended the call.

"Everything's set. The guests have started to come. Media guys and the journalists are here too." kartik told him.

"Great! I'm just going to check on the girls. We'll come down shortly." by saying this he hung up the call.

"We are looking so matchy matchy!" Rhea said with excitement as shraddha was applying baby pink shade to her lips.

"You like it?" Shraddha asked as she stood up and adjusted her dress.

"Yes. We will buy more matching clothes. And then we'll wear matching clothes everyday!" Rhea exclaimed and Shraddha couldn't help but laugh.

"Here, let me fix your hair!" Shraddha said as she adjusted the funky clips on her hair for the umpteenth time.

"Ladies?" Varun said as he entered the room. He didn't realize when and why, but a smile appeared on his lips seeing his daughter and Shraddha dressed up similarly.

"Daddy! Look we are looking so pwetty!" Rhea said as he scooped her in his arms.

"Yes princess, you're looking very pretty." he kissed her cheek.

"Shraddha too, right?" Rhea asked and his eyes fell on shraddha and she immediately looked away.

"Yeah, she's looking pretty too." he replied with a soft smile and she looked at him.

"Come on, let's go downstairs. Everyone is waiting." he said and held his hand out to shraddha.

She hesitated at first but she knew that she had to put up this act in front of the whole world. He raised a eyebrow at her as she looked at him blankly before placing her hand in his as the three of them made their way downstairs.

Seeing so many high-class people for the first time was making shraddha nervous as hell. It was like, she was about to get a panic attack any minute now when Sara came and embraced her in a warm hug.

"You're looking so beautiful!!" Sara complemented.

"Thank you, Sara." she smiled back at her. Whispers and talks already started taking place at the dhawan house after seeing Rhea and Shraddha by Varun's side.

"Why everyone is staring at us like creeps?" Shraddha asked him in a low voice as soon as Sara left to find kartik.

"I'm a bachelor and I've a little girl by my side, what do you expect?" Varun said with wide smile plastered on his face.

"Come on!" he said as he held her hand and dragged her in the middle of the room along with Rhea.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Can I have your attention?" he announced loudly and immediately all the eyes were on him.

"First of all, I would like to thank you all for coming. I don't wanna beat around the bush. The reason I invited you all here is because I wanted to introduce some special people of my life to y'all." he said as he gently scooped Rhea in his arm.

"I'd always wanted to keep my life private. But not anymore. This little angel right here is my daughter. Rhea!" he said looking at Rhea with a smile and gasps filled the room.

"And this beautiful woman right here is my wife!" he said grasping his arm around her waist, pulling her closer to her and she looked at him.

"Da-" Rhea started to say but he cut her off.

"Not now princess!" he told her softly.

Shraddha immediately got nervous and looked away. Whispers again started in the room as she saw other women looking at her with hate like she stole something from them.

"That's all people! You guys can enjoy the dinner now." Varun announced.

Few people came and complemented them while the other stood at a distant, burning in jealousy. After a few second he got crowded by the media.

"Sir! Sir! Varun sir!" they all started shouting at a time.

"One by one please!" he said and signaled shraddha to take Rhea.

"Are you okay?" Kartik asked Sara when he found her lost in thoughts.

"I'm good!" she replied with a small smile.

"You've not been yourself lately. What's the matter princess? Tell me." He asked and saw how she immediately got tensed.

"I-I can't!" she was trying hard not to break down.

"Sara please!" he held her by her waist gently.

"Can't we talk about it some other day? I don't wanna ruin this night." she placed her hands on his shoulder.

"Sure. Whatever you want!" he said kissing her forehead.

"Awww... You guys are cute!" Shraddha exclaimed as she came from behind along with Rhea and they immediatly broke apart.

"So you finally made a move, huh?" Shraddha teased him.

"I'll go check if varun needs anything." Kartik said and left.

"I hope he's not giving you a hard time." Sara stated.

"What can I say? It's all part of my life now." she shrugged her shoulder earning a sympathetic look from Sara.

"I'm getting bored!" Rhea whined.

"Aww... Are you hungry?" Shraddha asked her and she nodded.

"Let's go eat something. Your daddy has even arranged a chocolate fountain for you!" Sara told her and her eyes immediately lit up upon hearing the name of chocolate.

"Thank you. I won't be answering other questions anymore." Varun stated as his bodyguards pushed the crowd of media away.

"We might have a problem." Kartik said as soon as he approached him.

"What happened?" Varun asked.

"Ashok Khanna is here!" kartik told him and he closed his eyes in anger.

° ° °

I know you're in much better place than this materialistic world

I know you're in much better place than this materialistic world. We didn't deserve you. You were too good for this fake world. Gone. But never forgotten. You'll remain in our hearts forever Sushant. ❤️

Be kind! Safe lives!