C H A P T E R # 2 3

° ° °

° ° °

She kept cursing the whole time in elevator trying to find her apartment keys in her junk filled bag which she decided to clean-up a month ago but was too lazy to do so.

On her way to the apartment she finally found the bunch of keys and now was juggling to find the right one for the front door as she stopped in front of her apartment door.

"Aha! Got it." Sara smiled and mentally patted herself but the smile on her face immediately faded when she found the front door already unlocked.

Her heart sank at moment as thousand of creepy assumptions surrounded her already confused mind. Her first thought was to call someone for help but it was too late and it won't be good if it turned out to be a wrong call.

Gathering up some courage, she pushed the door open and entered her apartment with baby steps. She looked here and there and found everything in place. It can't be a theif and that jackass don't have my house keys, she thought.

She moved towards the living room and plopped her bag down on the couch before she picked out her mobile phone from it. She decided to call kartik when someone grabbed her by her waist from behind and her body got tensed.

Without giving it a second thought she elbowed the person in stomach and turned around as a loud shriek left her mouth. Her eyes got shut as her tense body was now relaxed.

"What the hell Sara?" Kartik said as he rubbed his stomach slightly.

"I-I thought... I thought...." she stuttered as her breaths started getting heavy.

"Are you okay?" Kartik asked as he stood closer to her.

"How the hell did you get inside?" she asked wiping the sweat off her forehead, still trying to compose herself.

"You gave me the spare keys last week." he replied.

"You scared the hell out of me Kartik! Don't you ever do that again!" she yelled at him.

"Princess?" he held her both arms as he saw tears forming in her eyes. She exhaled a sharp breath as a single tear rolled down her cheek.

"Just. Go." she pushed him back and sat on the couch with her head buried in her hands as she silently sobbed. Kartik made his way to the couch and sat beside her.

"Talk to me. Tell me what's bothering you." he said and made her look at him.

"I-I can't. I'm tired of this. I'm tired of this." she mumbled.

"Of what?" he asked as he was now getting worried minute by minute.

"Can't you understand? I can't tell you!" she cried.

"What do you want me to do? How can I make you feel better?" he cupped her cheeks with both his hands and wiped away her tears.

"Just... Just hold me. I don't wanna be alone right now." she curled her fingers around his hands.

He pulled her closer to his chest and wrapped his arms around her and she buried her face in his chest still silently crying with her fingers clutched behind his back.

"I'm here. I'm not going anywhere." he said as he placed a kiss on the top of her head.

Her not-so-good sleep was disturbed by the sound that was continously coming from downstairs. It's been weeks since she's staying at the dhawan house but still couldn't get used to it.

She miss her house, her room, her bed. The scent of flowers that was always filled in her room due to how much flower pots she had near her room. 

Taking the sheets off her body she stood up from the bed and placed her hair into a messy bun as she made her way downstairs.

She heard some stumbling noises as she reached the living room and assumed that it would be varun as he's been coming home drunk since few days.

She decided to go back to her room but stopped when she saw a woman with him who was clunged onto him and seemed as drunk as varun. She knew he was like that but she didn't expect him to bring a whore home when Rhea was here.

Thankfully, they had completed renovating Rhea's room two days ago and now she wasn't finding it difficult to sleep in her own room but seems like varun was taking advantage of the situation.

She was now torn between wanting to go back to sleep and getting this woman out of the house. Why should I bother? She thought, and started moving upstairs when she heard the giggles.

She stopped in her tracks and turned around. Her eyes grew wider as she saw the woman tugging at Varun's waist band while he was busy enjoying the woman in his arms.

She immediately went towards them and pulled that woman by her arm, separating her from varun causing the woman to give her a dirty glare.

"What the hell?" Varun frowned.

"Who are you? How dare you touch me?" the woman shouted in her high pitch voice.

"Leave it baby. Come on let's go to my room." Varun said grabbing the woman by her waist but before they could walk again, shraddha again stopped them.

"You better leave!" Shraddha said separating her from varun again.

"What the hell is your problem lady? Who are you?" She frowned at him.

"Me? I'm his wife!" Shraddha smirked at her as she saw the shocking expression on her face.

"I-I didn't know...." she immediately got nervous.

"Leave. Now." she ordered and the woman ran out of the house with her heels in hand.

"What the hell did you do? You know how hard it was to seduce her?" he said with his eyes filled with rage.

"I did what I think was right." she replied and he grabbed both her arms tightly.

"You just can't go around and do anything you want. It's my house, damn it!" he almost yelled, his face inched so closer that she could easily smell his drunk breath.

"Leave me." she said struggling to get out of his grip.

"You ruined my night and now you have to make up for it!" a devilish smile appeared on his lips.

Her heart beat grew faster as she felt him leaning in causing his nose to brush her cheek.

"Varun." it came from her mouth as a mere whisper. She didn't know when she stopped trying to get out of his grip. He was now so close to her that she felt her knees grew weaker.

"Va-" he cut her off as he smashed his lips on hers and nearly knocked all the air from her lungs.

She hardly had a moment to react before he pressed his tongue to the seam of her lips, and at her grant of access, delved inside her mouth as she moaned into the kiss.

She forgot everything that existed, it was like he was seducing her mind. It was a very sloppy kiss with the strong scent of old wine being exchanged in the intermingling of their bellowing breaths.

He pulled her more into him as he held her tightly by the waist and deepened the kiss while her hands made their way to his neck, tangling in his hair.

They both pulled apart to catch their breaths. He smiled and caressed her cheek as they both stared into each other's eyes. And then, the realization hit her. She pushed him back with all her force and ran upstairs to her room locking the door behind her.

"What the fuck!" she said to herself.

° ° °