C H A P T E R # 3 6

° ° °

° ° °

Her eyes fluttered open as soon as her alarm went off. She lazily turned it off and realized that she wasn't at the dhawan's house anymore. Usually she set up the alarm in order to get Rhea ready for the school but now that she was not there it was stupid of her to set up the alarm.

Or maybe it had all became habitual. She had gotten so used to that lifestyle that now she is feeling like a stranger in her own house. Though she did not want to admit it but she knew where she belongs now and it's clearly not this place.

Placing all the thoughts in the back of her mind she got off the bed and was faced by her own reflection in the mirror. Her face was stained with dry tears which were shed last night in the farewell of her loved ones.

With trembling hands she traced her face which was now looking more older than her age. A fresh trail of tear escaped her eye as realization hit her of what she was doing to herself. She quickly picked up her phone in order to call varun and saw his message which was sent last night asking her of what she needed him to bring and she was just seeing his message now.

She placed her phone back on the side table and went to the washroom to get freshen up.

"What are you doing here?" Varun asked through his gritted teeth.

"Oh relax varun! I just came here to have breakfast with my daughter." she replied showing him a box full of doughnuts.

"Why can't you get this through your mind that you can't meet her!" he raised his voice slightly.

"I've said this before, don't you dare shout on me. You don't owe me. Rhea is my daughter too. I will meet her whenever I want and if you've a problem with that we can meet in the court." she smirked causing him to close his eyes in frustration.

"Fine. Just this time. Tell me what your price is and leave our lives already!" he told her and she chuckled.

"Oh I will. Just let me have a little fun. After all, I deserve it." she curved her lips into a smirk and pushed him aside in order to enter the house.

"Bhaiyya, can you please drive a little fast?" shraddha told the auto driver for the umpteenth time.

"Madam, I'm driving as fast as I can. You should've opted for a car if you wanted to reach early." the driver shot back.

"Stop talking and focus on your driving." she huffed in frustration.

"Daddy, why is she here?" Rhea asked who was now dressed up in her school uniform.