chapter five

"you know, i think it's funny."

you ignored meliodas, using mittens to take out the meat pie you had made from the oven.

"you're basically my slave now."

you sent him an unamused look, throwing a spatula at him.

"kidding!" he rose his hands, snickering.

you rolled your eyes, fighting off your little smile.

it had been two days since meliodas had found you.

to your surprise, he wasn't eager about moving along with the mission, saying, "we need money first."

and so, you two had spent the last few days gathering up as much profit as you could from the boar hat.

"are you sure you don't have some more customers to attend to, waiter?" you asked, raising a brow.

since you were busy in the kitchen, meliodas was stuck taking orders. though, you had to admit, he was pretty good at it.

"nah, i'm just waiting on you to give me their food so i can serve them." he shrugged, watching as you placed the pie on to a plate.

"well, order up." you pushed the plate to him, and watched as he easily lifted it.

once he left to take the pie to it's table, you sighed, taking a seat on a stool by the bar.

you were used to working on your own time, not being rushed. you felt exhausted.

you didn't know how meliodas ran the place all by himself.

you watched with your head leaning on your hand as meliodas swung by table to table, effortlessly getting every order correct.

how did he do it?

your eyes quickly averted, noticing as he started to walk back toward you.

"five cups of booze..." you heard him mumble to himself, and you watched as he took out five cups from the cabinets in the kitchen.

"need any help?" you asked, surprised to see he had little to no struggle.

meliodas shook his head, "no, i'm alright. thanks!"

he swiftly popped open a bottle of liquor, quickly pouring it into each cup. he poured each amount perfectly.

you looked at him with pure amazement as he hurriedly grabbed all cups at once, and made his way back to the table.

it was impressive, really.

"alright here you go!"

meliodas placed the cups on to the table, grinning widely at the customers. "thanks for waiting! drink up!"

the door rung once more, and you watched as more men stepped inside.

"got room for more?" one asked, to which meliodas nodded.

"right over here!"

he looked at the table beside him, kindly smiling. "hey, you think you could move over a little?"

he seemed genuinely content with his job.

it was refreshing to see.

"for such a little fella, he's one hard-working waiter." a man spoke, sipping his beer as he watched meliodas scurry from one table to the next.

you completely agreed.

though, meliodas turned back around, an irritated look on his face.

"oh no, i'm not the waiter, buddy. i'm the owner of this place."