chapter seventeen

meliodas stared at you, worry evident on his face.

elizabeth and hawk watched from across the room, just as concerned as him.

"lady y/n..." the princess spoke softly, not wanting to upset you more. "are you sure you're alright?"

no.

"yeah, of course." you nodded, tucking a piece of hair behind your ear.

meliodas knew you weren't, though he respected your obvious wishes in not speaking about what had happened.

either way, he knew he'd get his answers no matter what.

"where are we...?" you asked, looking around the room, a bit panicked now that you had realized your situation.

"the town of dalmally, which is right by baste prison." elizabeth replied, her eyes glancing at the window beside her.

you rose a brow, "and who was that guy that tried to... take me?"

the memory of meliodas almost choking him to death made you pause for a second, a shiver running down your spine.

turns out the blonde was much more intimidating than you had thought.

"a holy knight. golgius."

meliodas seemed to tense as at mention of his name.

"from the looks of it, he's after you." hawk commented, tilting his head. "that doctor was working with him too."

your eyes glanced to where doctor dana once stood, raising a brow as you looked at the empty place. "doctor...?"

"he high-tailed it!" hawk gasped, quickly standing up. "come on!"

before he could run out the door, elizabeth firmly grabbed his ear.

"wait!" she exclaimed, motioning to you. "lady y/n's injuries haven't fully healed yet!"

you rose a brow, looking down at your bandaged body. "uh..."

gently, you began to remove the wrap, leaving the part on your chest for coverage.

your eyes trailed to your shoulder, a hum escaping your lips.

"really? it looks fine to me."

elizabeth gasped, quickly rushing to your side as she inspected the healed skin.

"it can't be! no way!" her eyes were wide as she (rather roughly) grabbed your shoulder.

"uh-" you slightly pulled back, raising a brow. "you okay? you're being pretty aggressive today."

elizabeth immediately pulled back, a shocked look on her face. "n-no! that wasn't my intention, i'm sorry!"

you softly smiled, shaking your head. "it's fine - but can you all leave for a second? i need to get dressed."

hawk and elizabeth immediately obliged, sending you a nod as they both walked out of the room.

though, meliodas kept himself beside you.

you crossed your arms, tilting your head at him.

"yes...?" you slowly asked, confused as to why he was still there.

he seemed hesitant to reply, though looked back at you, clearing his throat.

"i don't know what happened, but if you need someone to talk to..." his gaze turned to the floor. "just know i'm here."

you stared at him, a blank expression on your face.

he noticed your lack of reply, anxiously waiting for you to say something. anything.