chapter eleven

"to meliodas of the boar hat! cheers!"

you smiled to yourself, hearing the chatter of customers from behind the counter.

your hood was down for once, your hair tied up in a loose bun.

you were busy cooking the orders you had gotten, a small sweat forming on your forehead from running around the kitchen.

meliodas walked in, a small smile on his lips as he noted your hard-work.

he was surprised to see your face not covered for once. he had almost forgotten what you looked like.

"oh, hey!" you shortly greeted, waving to him with a grin as you bent down to pull out a platter from the oven.

he leant against the wall, eyeing the plates of food you had prepared on the counter.

"who's serving today?" you asked, turning to him.

he felt his eyes widen as he looked directly at you. thanks to your hair-do, your entire face was exposed. you looked gorgeous.

though, a part of him felt frustrated.

he couldn't seem to look away from your eye contact.

"elizabeth!" he answered, a grin on his face. "she'll be down in a minute - she said she needed to wash up."

if you were being honest, you were surprised. you were interested to see how a person born in privilege would manage a normal job.

of course, you had no hard feelings toward princess elizabeth, but you knew she had it more fortunate than most growing up.

you nodded, tucking a stray piece of hair behind your ear. you returned to the platter of meat pie, transferring it to a plate.

"did you teach her the basics? waitressing isn't as easy as it seems." you rose a brow, crossing your arms at him.

meliodas looked at you sheepishly.

you facepalmed, shaking your head.

"you idiot." you sighed. "poor girl isn't gonna know what she's doing."

meliodas waved you off, "she'll figure it out!"

you snickered, playfully rolling your eyes. you leant against the counter.

meliodas tilted his head, a small smile on his lips.

"you look really pretty."

you paused, looking up at him.

no snarky after-comment.

he seemed genuine.

"thanks, casanova." you smiled.

you shouldn't be affected by it. he flirted with every woman he came across.

footsteps came from the stairs. you looked up, watching as elizabeth walked toward you both.

"hey, princess." you smiled, waving. she smiled back, patting down her short skirt.

"lady y/n, sir meliodas!" she greeted. "i'm sorry i took so long!"

you shook your head at her apology, "you're alright!"

she smiled, nervously looking at you and meliodas.

"i uh... i'm not really sure if i'm ready.... i've never done anything like this before. my heart is pounding!"

meliodas hummed, "i think i understand. it's your first time." he leaned in closer to her. "could you just say that again... but slower?"